Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotate 3d solids in viewbase

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sfiforeman
466 Views, 3 Replies

rotate 3d solids in viewbase

So I'm modeling a stack of chairs.  Like for the circus act, where the guy climbs up an insanely high chair tower and does a hand stand on top.  Each chair is at a weird angle in the stack.  I want to create a build drawing for each chair in my layouts, but when I select a chair in model space selection within VIEWBASE, all the views are of the chair at the angle it is within the model space.  I just want a simple front/side/top of each chair as if it was sitting upright on the ground.  Is there a way to tell VIEWBASE to do this without having to copy each chair in model space and 3DROTATE it to stand upright?  I don't want the extra clutter in my model space; and if i make a change to the stack, i don't want to change the iteration that VIEWBASE is referencing also.  Too much room for error.

2.JPG1.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I don't know about any variable telling _VIEWBASE to not follow an objects modification (rotation is a modification).

I would try to solve the with an XRef. Create a new drawing, use _XRef to insert the drawing of the chair ... then rotate the XRef-object ... will that be ok for your workflow?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: sfiforeman

HI @sfiforeman,

There is an option when placing the views for orientation. Is that what you are looking for?

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: sfiforeman

HI @sfiforeman,

I am checking back to see if Alfred's suggestion of Xrefs works for this or if my suggestion helped.  If you select the orientation when placing the view then you can add projected views from that one. You can also add additional view based upon the previous views which might work as well.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost