Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Data Links

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3154 Views, 9 Replies

Removal of Data Links

I have a number of drawings that have "broken" Data Links. I have been through a number of threads and the solutions posted have not worked on these files. Using AutoCAD 2016.

I have done the following:

• DATALINKNOTIFY is set to  2
  • TABLESTYLE  - only one style available is Standard. After clicking Modify, the Starting Table delete button is greyed out.
  • In the External References dialog box, the .csv file status is "Needs reloading".  Update data links is greyed out when right-clicking on the file in the External References dialog box. Nothing happen when the .csv file is not attached any longer. However, if I click on the .csv in the XRef dialog box, the .csv file will open.

These broken links need to be removed in order meet the client's CAD standards. Looking for a solution asap. Appreciate any insight.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

as i understand that you want to remove those broken links . i open you CAD file :

• type XR command >> from the external Reference right click and detach ( see below image ) . 
  • i found   72853 registered applications deleted that must delete from your CAD file .

xr.png

below also the clean CAD dwg file . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

You have detached the border file. I need the .csv file detached.

How do you delete 72853 registered applications?

Message 4 of 10
imadHabash

>> You have detached the border file. I need the .csv file detached.

you have the original file . detach all unwanted items . 

>> How do you delete 72853 registered applications?

_purge command as described below :

Command: -PU
-PURGE
Enter type of unused objects to purge [Blocks/DEtailviewstyles/Dimstyles/Groups/LAyers/LTypes/MAterials/MUltileaderstyles/Plotstyles/SHapes/textSTyles/Mlinestyles/SEctionviewstyles/Tablestyles/Visualstyles/Regapps/Zero-length geometry/Empty text objects/Orphaned data/All]: r
Enter name(s) to purge <*>:
Verify each name to be purged? [Yes/No] <Y>: n
Deleting registered application "ACAD_MLEADERVER".
Deleting registered application "AcadAnnoPO".
#### registered applications deleted.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

That is the point, I can't delete the data link to the .csv file.

Message 6 of 10
imadHabash

type DATALINK command . if your unwanted items appear , try to right click and delete . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

DATALINK doesn't work either

Message 8 of 10
R_Tweed

The file you uploaded does not contain any data links. I made one to show as an example in your file.

Annotation 2020-04-23 114249.png

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: R_Tweed

I know how to create a data link. I am trying to remove one. Have attached more files below to see if broken data link is in EJV-S1STBY-SCN-DWG-1011.dwg.

Message 10 of 10
R_Tweed

The file you sent again has no datalinks.  This is a screen shot of your file. In post #2 @imadHabash  showed your xref listing and there were no datalinks.

.Annotation 2020-04-23 125550.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report