Did you mean: 

Proxy error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
stevetZ9EWK
2401 Views, 8 Replies

Proxy error

I have been sent a drawing that gives me errors when opening. i have researched and installed both the object enablers i found (civil3d_2021_oe_64bit) and (autocad_plant_3d_2021_object_enabler_english_win_64bit_dlm.sfx) but still get the error when opening the drawing.

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
imadHabash
in reply to: stevetZ9EWK

Hi,

The proxy warning is for informational purposes. you can disable the Proxy Information window by PROXYNOTICE  system variable . also by PROXYSHOW system variable you can control the display of proxy objects in a drawing.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

>> i have researched and installed both the object enablers i found (civil3d_2021_oe_64bit)

>> and (autocad_plant_3d_2021_object_enabler_english_win_64bit_dlm.sfx) but still get

>> the error when opening the drawing

Can you please upload the dwg-file so we can look into it.

When the Civil 3D objectenabler is installed (and working), then this dialog should not appear.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 9

Good evening

Here is the file in question.

I am unsure if the enablers are working correctly but i  did install them. I have not tried to disable the message as i would rather work out what the problem is. I am not sure what will be left out of the drawing if i ignore or  click do not show proxy graphics. I am self taught and always learning so  do not understand the function of proxy graphics.

Regards

Steve

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I get a warning that the file contains macros, I don't load them (to risky).

But I do not get proxy warnings ... could you please start your AutoCAD, command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from this dialog?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 6 of 9

Here is the screenshot

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

interesting thing, I do not understand what is really happening here.

I have installed the object enable in 2020 as well as 2021, both don't show this message.

I do not have installed the object enabler in 2018 and 2019, here I get the message.

By any chance, did the installation of the Civil 3D object enabler fail? What happens, if you restart this installer?

To your first post:

>> gives me errors when opening

Just to make sure ... these are not errors, it's just an information about having some very specific objects inside your dwg-file, which might not be editable with default AutoCAD commands. So as long as you don't want to change these special objects, nothing to worry about.

You might start command -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and create a new dwg-file without the proxies included. Run this command one time and use the drawing you get as result as your project file where you continue to work.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 8 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I confirm

Without this OE -> Message appears as expected.

No problem with installed 2021 Civil3D EO

200511_OE1.JPG

Sebastian

Message 9 of 9

Alfred

Good work you nailed it, for some reason the enabler did not install correctly. I did a repair and now the information window no longer pops up.But i did use the command you suggested so i will now use that file to see how i go.

Thanks for your help.

Reagrds

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report