Problem with embedded image

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4512 Views, 10 Replies

Problem with embedded image

The problem is as follows:

After saving the drawing, closing AutoCAD, and the opening the dwg file again embedded images are nowhere to be found, not even a whithe rectangle, nothing at all.

To paste the image on the drawing i do the following steps:

- Open the image on paint > Select all > Copy

- Go to CAD > Special paste > Paintbrush image

Also tried pasting as bitmap independent of device but after saving closing and opening again i get the white rectangle.

Thank you for any help you may provide.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Vinayv4v
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Try this method

Open the image in paint > save it as jpeg > Go to autocad > enter IAT (Image Attach) > attach the image > then save the dwg.

Check if its coming correct when you close and open.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 3 of 11
imadHabash

Hi and Welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

special paste is more flexible way to treat with CAD drawings especially when you send it to others.for your issue i suggest the follow:

• try on other new empty CAD file to insert an other small image.(if the problem still exist please post this CAD file and share it here with us for testing).
  • make sure that the latest service pack installed.

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> After saving the drawing, closing AutoCAD

Which version of AutoCAD and which service-pack? Make sure your service-packs are up-to-date.

When you open that drawing, can you find the OLE-objects by using command -QSELECT?

Does the same issue happens in a new drawing/all drawings or just in one specific file?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Tried on cad 2015 and cad 2014 in another computer and got the same problem.

QSELECT does not find anything either.

Message 6 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Is it possible to attach a sample file where you have done the Paste special?  It would also be nice to see the original image file so i can try to get to the cause of this issue.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

it also happens when i try to embed images on a new draw, i think it has to do with the image dimensions (3454 x 2479), it stops happening if i reduce its size or chop a piece out of it, is there any limitation on size for embedded images?

Message 8 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I have seen this type of issue before as in this older thread. I have not been able to find documentation on the exact restrictions but will resume my search.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Thank for the help, that is exactly the issue i have, got the same conclusion after trying diferent things on a span of 20 hours (Managed to figure out smaller images had no issues regardless of weight), thanks for the help, still would like to know if there is any limitation on image size. Sorry for the trouble and thanks again.

Message 10 of 11
jan.powers

I ran into this issue with a project, and found that OLEs are still limited to size.  I had a 22x34 image that I wanted to "bind" by pasting as a paint picture, but when I saved the file and reopened it would disappear.  The picture would paste at a 1:1 scale equal to the page size of the original image, but would disappear when I reopened the file.  I remember back in the old days, OLEs were limited to a size basically equal to a sheet of paper.  I understood that you could paste somewhat larger areas now, but it looks like there is still a size limitation.  What I pasted was a USGS survey map with a lot of detail.  So not being sure if it was the content or the file size, I copied approximately half of the sheet and pasted using pastespec.  I copied the other half and did the same; nudged the files together so that they aligned (close enough for government work) and saved the file.  Wha La!!  The images saved and were there on display upon reopening.

Message 11 of 11
SianSiam

Hello, Could I get this thread? or Could someone provide the accepted solution? I am using AcadLT 2016. I am having the same issue but I could select the OLE with Qselect. My issue is as below.

Thanks in advanced.

SianSiam_0-1702373160323.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta