Did you mean: 

Problem with associative leaders

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
2356 Views, 15 Replies

Problem with associative leaders

Hi everybody.  i´m doing a presentation of a 3D model in paper space and i want to use leaders to point equipments but i´m having 2 problems.

1-Leader desapears after i write the text when i snap a point of the model, but if i start de leader with out snaping any point it stays.

2- The second problema its that the leader that i make wothout snaping any point it´s not an associative leader and it doesnt let me reassociate to any point.

any ideas why?  im using autocad 2016

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you use Qleader command and set your Dimaso to 1. Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

it still keeps "no" associative, im using leaders in a viewport with a 3D shaded mode 3D model
Message 4 of 16
murray-clack

Try setting DIMASSOC to a value of 1

FYI...

DIMASSOC = 0 (makes exploded dims and leaders)

DIMASSOC = 1 (makes non-associative dims and leaders, which means they stay intact but are not associated to the object being dimensioned)

DIMASSOC = 2 (makes associative dims and leaders, which means they are associated to the objects being dimensioned in that if the object changes, the dims and leaders also change)

Message 5 of 16
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tried to recreate it. Neither does my leader disappear nor is it disconnected from the model, when I move the view. Except, I did something else then you did. 

It may be beneficial if you could send a screencast, showing your steps and the results. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 16

Just checked my DIMASSOC is on 2.

Regards

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Sofia.Xanthopoulou

My DIMASSOC is in 2 also.

this is what happens.

leader problem.jpg

Message 8 of 16
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

This is when you open this drawing which has already the leader in it? Or did you create them and at the next moment you lose the associative connection?

Can you please upload the drawing? Or maybe a smaller one? BTW does it happen to all your drawings or this particular one?

Regards

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

it happens only in this particular file, when i start drawing the leader and lose it, as a matter of fact when i draw a leader from some point of the model and then lose it, the leader desapear, it doesnt stay in the drawing, so i have to draw the leader from any point and then move it to where i want to point to.

Message 10 of 16
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Could you export the drawing with wblock to have it purged and then create the views again. See how it reacts then...

Regards

Message 11 of 16

Hi @Anonymous,

have you tried the suggested steps with the wblock? Did it make any difference?

Any feedback will be appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

hi, i did a copy paste of the drawing in a new file and it worked out well.

thanks for the help ¡¡

Message 13 of 16
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

Well, then glad to hear it work out Smiley Happy

Please mark your post as accepted solution so that other reader can benefit from your experience.

Thank you for your contribution

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks for the help and the validation of my post as accepted solution, as you could see im drawing part of a process plant, im thinking on migrating to plant 3d or inventor (i prefere inventor, but plant 3d its easy to learn) what would you recomend me??? its not only pipping its equipment to.
Message 15 of 16
Sofia.Xanthopoulou

You are welcome Smiley Happy

As for your question on which software to use...

Well, I do not know Plant 3D - I am an Inventor girl Smiley Wink so I am not impartial enough to give advice. From what I see, your drawings are realizable in Inventor. And this is how far I can go.

But whatever you decide the community is here to support you Smiley Happy

Good luck

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

thanks, im also more fan of inventor so, i will get in to it.... thank you a lot ¡¡

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta