Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print drawing on 1:1 scale to multiple pages

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
toon.vanderputten
4872 Views, 4 Replies

Print drawing on 1:1 scale to multiple pages

Hello, I just started using autocad for the very first time for a little project and I have a question about printing files.

My file is a template for cutouts, it is larger than a piece of A4 paper wich is all I have to print on.

now I want to print this file to multiple pages which I can later tape together to get my 1:1 scale template.

any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

do you print from model-space or from layout?

If printing from modelspace you have to select 2 different window areas to plot, left half then right half.

If printing from layout then create a layout, one viewport, defined the part of the model (and scale) for that viewport to see one half of your model. Then copy the layout and use _-PAN in the viewport to pan the content of the viewport to see the second half of your model.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Hi and Welcome to AutoCAD Forum,

>> now I want to print this file to multiple pages which I can later tape together to get my 1:1 scale template. <<

i suggest to do the follow [ Model space ] :

• draw a rectangle that represent your A4 page size and put it on Defpoints layer ( for non print issue). 
  • now start to copy that rectangle to cover all of your template and with overlaps area . 
  • i suggest now to put small marks in those overlaps areas like small circles or lines ... 
  • start to plot every rectangle with proper settings and scale  .
  • if your successful printed pages is out , now start to combine them and matching those small marks .  

this is a very fast and simple way ... hope it's help . 🙂

Regards,

Message 4 of 5

Hi @toon.vanderputten,

There are some add-ins in the Autodesk App Store that might help you do print tiling.

I am curious however if you could share your file so I can show you how I have done this process in the past.  I usually draw Pinter Crop marks at the corner of each area that will be printed separately and will provide matching points to align the prints once they have been completed. I then use viewports and ALIGNSPACE to get the rectangles to fit in a separate layout each on its own layout page.  This then allows me to us PUBLISH to create the whole set of prints all at once which can save lots of time.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5

Hi @toon.vanderputten,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost