Print and display settings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jaboor11
586 Views, 7 Replies

Print and display settings

Hi

I am running Autocad 2021 and both when I print out a drawing it shows on paper the fonts and some lines have some thickness to them versus when I pull it up in autocad 2006 it just displays and prints as lines.  How and where do I change the settings in Autocad 2021 to act like Autocad 2006?  I have attached a screenshot of what I see in 2021 and I dont want to see the fonts as solid filled.  It prints that way too.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: jaboor11

Hi,

you may need to check from PLOT dialog the plot options ( plot object lineweights ) . 

Message 3 of 8
pendean

TTF fonts have an inherent thickness you cannot control: is 2006 using the same TTF font, or is it using an SHX font? You most likely have a font substitution taking place in one of those programs.
Message 4 of 8
jaboor11
in reply to: pendean

How do I fix it so it does not do that?  Also, when I save the file after I make a change and a coworker opens it in 2006, the correct line font is displayed, not what I see.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

Both of you open that one DWG file together, click CTRL+F2 on each keyboard, scroll up through the startup on each machine and see if AutoCAD is reporting a font substitution.
Message 6 of 8
jaboor11
in reply to: pendean

It does.  My screen shot is below his says substituting [simplex.shx] for [SIMPLEX1].

Message 7 of 8
pendean

There you go: start STYLE command in the problem file and you both deliberately decide together which font you want to use that you both have on your computers.

Or open other DWG files that have no issues for both of you and match what they have in STYLE command for font selections.

HTH
Message 8 of 8
jaboor11

I used the reset settings to default function under the autocad 2021 app in windows start button.  That fixed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report