Did you mean: 

PRESSPULL doesn't work

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
9608 Views, 3 Replies

PRESSPULL doesn't work

I would like to know why the PRESSPULL command decides when to accept boundaries and when to not accept boundaries.

For example, I create a shape with all the lines being connected then I decide to extrude it so I use PRESSPULL, and then I have my solid. 

Then I create another shape, all lines connected just like in the one above, although this time the PRESSPULL command doesnt accept the boundary.

So after not being able to extrude, I draw a different face for the same solid so I can try extruding from a differnt reference, but again AutoCAD just decides it doesn't want to work, so no solid for me. 

What do I have to do to get the PRESSPULL command to accept boundaries that are there when I want it to, not when it wants to.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Presspull relies too much on the video card, I can't use Presspull in one PC but another PC works

LOFT and EXTRUDE works but I need to use subtract after that to get what I want.

Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry that you are having problems with PressPull.  I find that to have the best results, I minimize what I have on my screen, zoom a window around the objects I want to select, and if it is still not working properly, I then use draw order to bring the objects to the front and then in a worst case scenario, I even use the Boundary (BO) command to get a closed object that can then be press-pulled.

I hope this helps.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

This is how PRESSPULL works. The PRESSPULL command (as a selected boundary) will only work if the closed entity is parallel (even with) the solid surface or on the XY Plane

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta