Polyline Explodes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nck5678
449 Views, 7 Replies

Polyline Explodes

Dear Community members,

Greetings!

I am facing in issue with AutoCAD drawings in which a certain line when exploded breaks the line into smaller entities. This is happening for a Dashed line type, after exploding each dash turns into a separate line. Can any one guide on how to rectify this issue?

(I have got the AutoCAD drawing as output from other tool)

nck5678_0-1709026432916.png

I wish to have continuity in the line after it is exploded.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tramber
in reply to: nck5678

Hello !

"as output from other tool" means that you don't have an issue with Autocad drawings but drawings that are not from Autocad ! 

You say that you explode them : what for ? And they are not identified as polylines, i guess. What does the properties palette say ?

Are they blocks, in fact ? On your screenshot, we see no grip at the end. Maybe you should not tell about polylines...

Message 3 of 8
nck5678
in reply to: tramber

Hello, Thanks for quick revert.

So, I have got these drawings from other function who have derived the output as DWG from some other tool. I now need to work on these drawings.

The properties palleted says the left entity as "2D Polyline (36) (Group)" and the right entity as "2D Polyline (Group)". The 36 in bracket I suppose refers the number of dashes in that line as the count matches with it.

In the as in status, I cant hold these entities and stretch them or move them as these are grouped. It is only after exploding I am able to move them using grip points. While the entity on right side, after exploding shows grip points using which i can move, the entities on left side break down into minor dashes after exploding.

Message 4 of 8
tramber

You can CTRL+H alternatively if you want to "touch" the objects grouped or not....

by the way.

Well, ok, it comes from a software that turn a dashed line into multiple lines... too bad ! 😎

Publish your drawing here if you wish 😉

Message 5 of 8
nck5678
in reply to: tramber

I can select multiple using Ctrl Plus H, but that doesn't help as there are plenty of dashed lines.

I cant publish the drawing because of NDA and could be in trouble if I do so.

Message 6 of 8
tramber

Sure, but how can we help ?

Message 7 of 8
cadffm

Hi,

What you have and  is stated above:

Multiple short lines in a row, not one dashed line.

The short lines are GROUPed, if Pickstyle bit 1 is set, you can select in one step, otherwise not. CTRL+H toggles this bit.

There is no simple way to convert these lines in one line.

What you can TRY:

Create a temporary .dwg file (if needed) what display dashed line ONLY.

Create a PDF -

print by DWG to PDF.pc3 or any other Acad-PDF driver and select the "incl. Layer" option.

Start a new drawing and use PDFIMPORT command, use the option "Infer linetypes from..."

if done

Check the result

Special:

This step will create new linetype oin demand, it doesn't use common linetypes.

If you like, you can merge the linetypes by STANDARDS feature.

Sebastian

Message 8 of 8
nck5678
in reply to: cadffm

Hi CADFFM,

Thanks for your suggestions.

After importing the pdf, the dashed lines were joined but this again was only one directional (i.e. dashes in horizontal line were connected together but not dashes in extension to the horizontal line but vertically).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report