Plotting transparency

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3574 Views, 11 Replies

Plotting transparency

Hi-

Our company just adopted using a watermark on all our drawings.  In order for it to work properly I have to hit the plot transparency button for the watermark to show up in the background of the print.  However we use a pre-generated excel spreadsheet for our Bill of Materials that is inserted into the drawing and when I click that button it turns it black.  Is there a setting I can use to change this so it prints white with black grid lines like before???  I have attached a copy of one of the drawings of before and after  so you can see what I'm talking about.

thanks

tony 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The BOM you insert from excel how is that done?  Do you copy from the clipboard and paste it in or inserted it in as a Table?

If it's an image you paste from the clipboard highlight it after its in the drawing go to the properties tab, under Misc change the "Plot quality" to High graphics (e.g. photograph).

Message 3 of 12
nekdonekdo

Hello, 

I  have an issue with plotting transparency ... I have plot transparency checked and half of them are saved half not.

I tried to plot from model and viewport view, changed layers, exporter to ArchiCAD and save pdf there ...

Does anyone have an idea, why?

Thank youuu

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: nekdonekdo

What version AutoCAD are you running and what are you trying to plot transparency?  Is it text, lines, objects...  all or something else?  Also what type of printer are you using?

Message 5 of 12
nekdonekdo

I have Autocad 2017 and I'm trying to plot hatch. I will attach pics of: 1.: model view, 2.: layout view and 3.: PDF, where I can't see transparency with hatches (shadows of buildings).

3_pdf without shadows.JPG1_model view.JPG2_viewport.JPG

Message 6 of 12
nekdonekdo

and my settings look like this:

4_plot.JPG

Message 7 of 12
nekdonekdo

I also don't mind if u could maybe help to send the dwg and you try to save it to PDF.

I need it today badly haha and if I can't save this shadows I'll just deliver work without them ....

Tnx

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I see the building shadows in the PDF so do you need them to be lighter in color?  Not sure if this will work but try setting the layer color you're plotting transparency to 251,251,251 and change the transparency level to a high number... 70 or 80.  I have a full work load but attach your dwg and I can see what I can do.  Explain what you're trying to archive with transparency...  how light/dark.

Message 9 of 12
nekdonekdo

Hi, 

with transparency, I would just like to present shadows (so, the situation of the drawing looks more realistic.

Doesn't really matter how the shadows look like. some transparent grey ...

It doesn't help with any colour changes 😞

I attached dwg if u have time u can look 🙂

BS

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I got it to this point...   don't have enough time to darken the shadow, sorry.

Message 11 of 12
nekdonekdo

Oh, thank you so much!!!

<don't know how to thank you:)

but how did u do it? 🙂

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

I realize this is an older post, but do you not print with a plot style table (pen assignment)? You'll see it at the top right of your print menu.

Since I saw that you were asking what he did to fix your issue, you'll see that he used a "grayscale.ctb" plot style table. That's where you can edit how things plot. Hopefully that answers your question

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost