Did you mean: 

Plotting to 24x36 Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
oholteyE3GGM
377 Views, 4 Replies

Plotting to 24x36 Issues

I recently upgraded to 2019.  I have a 24X36 border and am trying to plot 24x36 but AutoCAD is immediatly defaulting to Super D/A1 and my sheets are printing portrait instead of landscape and wasting paper.  

I have created many borders and have never had this issue.  My plot window is exactly 24x36.  Why am I being force to the larger paper?  What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GrantsPirate
in reply to: oholteyE3GGM

I have been struggling with this very thing for a while now.  I wasn't sure if it was a new plotter or 2019 or W10 or all three creating a perfect storm of frustration.  I kept going to HP to look for newer drivers and found one last week that seems to have fixed it for my situation.  So I would start by going to the plotter web site you have and look for newer plotter drivers.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 5
oholteyE3GGM
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Hi,

We have an HP as well. The HP DesignJet Z2100. Which drive did you end up installing?
Message 4 of 5
GrantsPirate
in reply to: oholteyE3GGM

I have the T2530 so I doubt it would work for your plotter.  Just go the hp.com, find your plotter and drivers listed and find the newest one.  Hope it works for you.

The weird thing is I could plot to a PDF and then it would plot just fine on the HP, so I used that as a stop gap for a while.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 5
oholteyE3GGM
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Thanks.  It was 2019 and W10 as you noted.  I asked IT about installing the new driver and he looked into it.  I don't understand it completely but I believe 2019 was using the W10 default driver.  He linked it to the correct driver and all appears to be functioning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report