Plotting procedure

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
sudhakarseven
349 Views, 9 Replies

Plotting procedure

Hi folks,
I just need a clear cut procedure to plot a drawing in AutoCAD which is very big in terms of metres.how do I go about starting it, scaling it, fitting it I'm the paper as per the requirements of the engineering drawing.thank you.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: sudhakarseven

Hi,

>> ..to plot a drawing in AutoCAD which is very big in terms of metres.<<

you have to know that plotting procedure depends on Paper size and scale information.since we know that AutoCAD can make custom paper size reach to long 5M .so you have to select proper paper size then the scale will be recognize.

Regards,

Message 3 of 10
pendean

Friend, is today your first day plotting in AutoCAD?
Or are you facing a specific challenge with a project today?
Are you wishing to plot to full scale, or a defined engineering scale?
Plot to PDF or paper? What size paper?
Message 4 of 10
gotphish001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7cZ2q6kWKI

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 5 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @sudhakarseven,

If the posts in this thread don't help you get started, please attach a sample file and tell me the scale at which you want to plot. I will happily provide you some set-by-step assistance.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 10

Hi friends,
Glad to receive your replies.i just required a generic procedure for plotting.if I have a plant layout drawing in metres,how do I proceed with that. thanks.
Message 7 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @sudhakarseven,

I didn't have a plant drawing in metric so for my example, I took a floor plan of a building in metric. I created a video to help you with the steps.

I see first that my model is all drawn at real size  (1:1 scale)

I then switch to a paperspace Layout tab.

On this tab, I use Page setup to define my plot device (AutoCAD PDF), Plot Style (acad.ctb), scale (1:1), and paper size (A3)

I apply this new page setup to my layout.

Now I create a viewport to see my model by using the MVIEW command.

I double-click to enter this viewport and set my scale from the scalelist at the bottom of my screen.

While in my viewport, I also pan to the area i want to plot.

I switch back to paperspace and use Plot to achieve my final PDF print. This could also have been done using a different printer driver to print straight to a piece of hardware.

I hope this gets you started.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 8 of 10
john.vellek

HI @sudhakarseven,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 10

Great post.i am still not clear about setting the annotation scale for plotting.how do you set back the annotation scales in model n paper space while plotting so as to get the clear picture of the annotations in the plotted sheet.
Message 10 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @sudhakarseven,

Setting up Annotative text and styles is fairly simple.

For instance, when I know that I want my text style to be annotative, I create a unique text style and set it to be annotative. I then can determine the height of this text for paperspace.

Capture.PNG

When I start creating my first text object with this style will be prompted to set the Annotation ScaleCapture2.PNG

Next, when I go to paperspace I set my viewport scale to 1:1 and my text is displayed at the height I set previously.

If I want to add additional scales I can select the text, rt-click for Properties and then add Annotative scales.

Capture3.PNG

Once I add the scales, I can zoom in my viewport to those scales and the text will show up properly.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost