Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Style Table defaults to .CBT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gkbitar1
886 Views, 7 Replies

Plot Style Table defaults to .CBT

I have generated sheets after creating view frames in plan production. Accessing any of the sheets to plot, the plot style table drop down menu only contains ".CBT" plot files. The process of generating the view frames and sheets did not provide an option to choose ".SBT" plot files or ".CBT" plot files. The system defaulted to ".CBT".

I have to use an SBT plot file that is provided by the client. I could not find a way to change the drop down menu so it displays SBT plot files? Is there a way to set AutoCAD defaults so that SBT is always listed? What are my options?

Best regards

Gabriel

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: gkbitar1

Hi @gkbitar1

This is determined by the template that you use to start your drawing file.  If you use on that has a Named Plot Styles in the name then the file will be st up to use STB plot styles by default.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
gkbitar1

Hi John,

In other words, I am out of luck, and stuck with what I have. And there is no way around it?

Message 4 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @gkbitar1,

If you have an existing drawing that is based upon CTB plot styles you can convert it using the command CONVERTPSTYLES

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 8
s.borello

I feel your pain... the link below helped me greatly when I encountered this situation.  

https://www.cadmasters.com/techsupp/acad/stb-ctb.html

Message 6 of 8
gkbitar1
in reply to: john.vellek

John,

I noticed that my basefile was already .STB, and all Plot style tables are STB, of course no CBT present.

This brings me back to where I started.

I went to the sheets file mentioned in my first posting creating view frames, the sheets created are placed in a new drawing. This new drawing was CBT and not STB (curious, is there a way to fix that, so that the sheet creation matches the original base file?).

First I had to CONVERTCBT before I could convert the sheets file, I chose a .CBT that did not have a .STB equivalent to convert. This seemed to do the trick.

Thank you

Message 7 of 8
cadffm

@gkbitar1

just for me: What steps do you mean in detail with "The process of generating the view frames and sheets "?

Which Software you talk about, which commands, which steps?

So long i don't know about that.. hard to to help, because i can not check what "normal" is.

If the file is based on an stb (template)file, we will find the problem if you talk more about your steps.

If the file is not based on a template, please make sure your PSTYLEPOLICY is set to 0

- Sebastian -
Message 8 of 8
gkbitar1
in reply to: cadffm

Hi Sorry for the delay in responding. I initially responded thru the email system which did not appear in this thread.

I'm using AutoCAD 2019. I have generated sheets after creating view frames in plan production
This was accomplish following the step by step process described in the online tutorial/document/description. My process was as follows:

I am in a file that is SBT based.
1. Click "Output" then I choose the "Plan production" tab
2. Go to "Create View frames" tab and click , I follow prompts and commands, when done creating view frames
3. Go to "Create Sheets" tab, I follow prompts and commands to create sheets which I chose to have all of them placed in an individual separate "new.dwg"
4. I open the "new.dwg" file,  and go to a  sheet. Then go to print icon in top ribbon. Opening the drop down menu of "Plot style table" all the options are in CTB based and not similar to the original SBT.

5. I am looking for a way so that the future "new.dwg" file defaults to SBT vs the work around that I had to do.

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost