18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
IT
Community Visitor
4124 Views, 18 Replies

Plot Preview Black and White

Hi 

Wonder if anyone can help.

We have recently upgraded our print server from 2008 to 2012 and re defined all the printers. We have a Xerox Phaser 4100. Previously the Plot preview would show in colour, now the plot preview only shows black and white even though it prints in colour. I have tried multiple drivers but all seem to have the same issue. Any suggestions? Are there any settings that can be tweaked in CAD as other applications can preview without this issue.

we can work around it by chosing a different printer for the preview but it is a pain to have to keep doing that?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
SeeMSixty7
in reply to: IT

Check the Default settings in your printer configuration at the OS level. If it is set to black and white by default, that is what you will get. Good luck,
Message 3 of 19
IT
Community Visitor
in reply to: SeeMSixty7

Hi 

Thanks so much for your suggestion.

I have double checked the defaults and they are set to colour already so unfortunately that is not the solution in this case.

Thanks again

Chris

Message 4 of 19
pendean

>>>... I have tried multiple drivers ...<<<
PREVIEW sends to the printer what settings you've selected: if the results at the printer are color and not B/W as in preview, test by using the same exact settings by aim to the DWG TO PDF driver and see if you get color PDFs. Then you'll know where to start checking.
Message 5 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> We have recently upgraded our print server from 2008 to 2012 and re defined all the printers.

Did you also install the new drivers on the local workstations or are they running with the old driver?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 19
jporter
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Was this issue ever resolved?  I found this AKN doc (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Plot-p...), but . . . 

Plot Preview.png

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 7 of 19
-FDC-
in reply to: jporter

No admin rights ?

Message 8 of 19
jporter
in reply to: -FDC-

This user is the CAD manager and didn't have this issue before.  This is a new system, new install.  All plot previews are in gray scale.  

Thanks for the response!!!

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 9 of 19
-FDC-

I cannot find anything about the phaser 4100.

The only things I can find are black cartridges.

The 4110 and 4500 series are all black and white printers.

I don't think this is the case, or is it ?

Message 10 of 19
jporter

No, not the case.  Everyone in the office plots to the same plotter.  No one else is having this issue.  

No worries, I'm going to try to uninstall/reinstall the software.  

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 11 of 19
-FDC-

But it must be a very old printer because I can't find any specs on the web.

Have you tried HPGL emulation?

Message 12 of 19
jporter

I never posted the printer.   I assumed you were using the Phaser 4100 as an example.  I'm not sure what there printer is, but I do know they purchased it about a year ago.  

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 13 of 19
-FDC-

It was mentioned in post 1.

Message 14 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I never posted the printer. 

So we are missing informations!

We see a thread starting a year ago and you stepped in today. As long as you don't give any new informations about your special situation we are assuming your environment and issue is the same as the thread opener described.

If your case is different then please either create a new thread or give us all informations specific to your case/environment.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 15 of 19
jporter

I figured that since I'm having the same issue (regardless of the plotter) and the AKN document I posted above provides the solution but it's not working I thought I'd ask if it was ever resolved because if it was resolved then the resolution here may work for me. 

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 16 of 19
-FDC-

It is a plotter/printer issue not an autocad issue.

Therefore we need to know the type of printer you are using and most important of all which drivers you installed.

Message 17 of 19
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> regardless of the plotter

I guess it is not independent of the plotter/driver. But to verify that you might try to plot to another device (other plotter/printer vendor) or at least PDF and see if you also get only grey-scaled output then.

Otherwise my next step would be to uninstall the driver you are using now, search for an alternative driver working with that printer and your operating system (if we would now know the plotter/printer we would be able to help you searching that) and then start the trial with AutoCAD plotting again.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 18 of 19
jporter

I've already requested the plotter information.  

I'll try the other recommendations and report back.  

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 19 of 19
maha.g.hassan

Hi i have the same exact problem, did you find a solution ,  please if you can inform me thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost