Did you mean: 

Please help with video card settings Nvidia Quadro M2000

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
seskinner
5752 Views, 3 Replies

Please help with video card settings Nvidia Quadro M2000

I'm having poor performance issues with AutoCAD and Civil 3D 2017.

Polylines display improperly when hardware acceleration is enabled. They are offset and not joined visually. They print fine. No help with Regen.

When acceleration is disabled, this problem is fixed, but navigation becomes choppy. It reminds me of having snap enabled. It's difficult to maneuver the cursor.

I looked on the recommended hardware section of the Autodesk site, but saw nothing regarding a dedicated driver for this card. Note this is the Nvidia Quadro M2000, not the 2000M or M2000m mobile versions.

Can someone help with any performance settings to resolve these issues? Maybe Nvidia Control Panel settings?

Thanks,

Scott

Specs:

Asus Z170-A

i7 6700k 4.0

64GB RAM DDR4-2133

Quadro M2000 PCI-E 4GB

Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD

Win 10 Pro 64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: seskinner

Hi @seskinner,

Have you tried both of the latest drivers from Nvidia to see if they improve the issue?

If you have the latest, I suggest that perhaps you contact Nvidia to see if they can offer suggestions for improving the performance. I am not trying to pass the buck but want to make sure that they can address the hardware and driver specifics before we look at other options.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
seskinner
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

The older driver (369.26) works much better than the newer one (372.95) with both hardware acceleration on and off. There are still some issues, but it is much more responsive and the line offset issue is resolved as far as I can tell. The line smoothness is not as good as the newer driver with HA enabled, but I guess I can deal with it.

Attached are screenshots before I switched to the older driver.

I appreciate the help.

~Scott

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: seskinner

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

this page is for the best solidworks drivers for your particular system.  The M2000 is listed and it is not the latest driver available from Nvidia.  They may work well for AutoCAD as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost