Pixels and black spots on screen

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2109 Views, 4 Replies

Pixels and black spots on screen

Hello everybody

I'm a student at University College Ghent and I'm having some issues working with AutoCad 2020 lately. I'm using AutoCad 2020 with a student license.

I imported an image (JPG) into AutoCad using XREF. I copied the content in the image by drawing lines and arcs around the contours of the image to make a 3D drawing of the content in that image. I did this in the span of 2 days. I didn't have any problems during the first day, but the second day I updated my nvidia graphics card and since this update I get random pixels and black spots all over my screen in model space. These pixels and black spots only occur in AutoCad's model- and paperspace. I don't encounter this problem in other programs. It occurs after a brief period of inactivity in modelspace, like when you're inserting a block or adjusting layers or properties. I tried removing the XREF containing the image but this didn't help. Then I copied my drawing without the image and pasted it into a new drawing without XREFs, but the problem isn't fixed yet.

I'm hoping somebody knows a solution to this problem. I'll attach some screenshots to this message to show you what I mean with "pixels and black spots". These pixels and spots disappear once I zoom in or out, so they are not affecting my drawing.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours

Angelo Coppens

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Since you are able to see pixels after updating the Nvidia drivers, I would suggest closing the AutoCAD and shut down the system and then turn on. If you still see the same issue, then try updating AutoCAD to the latest version. 

Also check 3DCONFIG and see if the graphics card has been changed after the update.

If none of these work, then you need to roll back the graphic card drivers.

You can also check this link below to see if your graphic card is certified to be used with AutoCAD 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: vinodkl

Thank you for quick reply. I shut down AutoCad and restarted my laptop. I couldn't find my graphics card in the link you attached, so that probably means it doesn't meet the requirements. I didn't have any problems with my card before though. I assume the problem lays with Nvidia itself and I'll just have to wait for a new update. The tips you gave me helped a bit but didn't completely solve the problem. But now I know the problem must lay with Nvidia.

Thanks alot for your help!

Message 4 of 5
shridharmanglori
in reply to: Anonymous

Even I am facing the same issue.I am using nvidia gtx 1660ti graphics card.Can anyone tell me that "Is this issue common with all gtx graphics cards" or is it my personal hardware fault.Can anyone please clarify my doubt asap please.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: shridharmanglori

Im using rtx 2070..[autocad 2021]

Even I'm facing same pixelation issue

.i donno what to do.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report