Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perplexing Attribute question

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
483 Views, 8 Replies

Perplexing Attribute question

I have a Detail Title, that currently has three attributes. One of those is the scale (NTS). This is a bubble title which generally is a number, and located on the right side of the block. (this is what the lead engineering firm is using)

I am trying to get the NTS to move and stay aligned with the TITLE, when the TITLE is edited and made longer or shorter. They are currently both right justified, and I am adding spaces as needed to both. Is this possible? I have added an image of what I am using.

kjfergusonNSSN6_0-1601329129688.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CodeDing
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous ,

It would seem easiest to me to just put the "NTS" and the title into a single multi-line attribute. Then they can share a justification. I can not think of any other simple method to accomplish this with them separated.

Best,

~DD

Need AutoLisp help? Try my custom GPT 'AutoLISP Ace':
https://chat.openai.com/g/g-Zt0xFNpOH-autolisp-ace
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: CodeDing

Not a bad plan! I'll give that a shot in a bit and let you know....!

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
randyspear6624

Multiline attributes are a little tedious to edit at times. They also shift and lose set width randomly (especially with sheet sets).

I'd prob just make them both left justified and use a stretch action. Try both methods... I think you'll find there's less clicks entered with the stretch.

Message 5 of 9
RobDraw

Poorly designed block. Tell the source they don't know their left from right.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I thought that might work, except that I need the NTS to be left justified, so that it stays on the left end of the titls, and the title needs to be right justified, so it moves away from the BUBBLE number.  

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

CodeDing,

I thought that might work, except that I need the NTS to be left justified, so that it stays on the left end of the titles, and the title needs to be right justified, so it moves away from the BUBBLE number.  

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

RobDraw,

I agree. I am in the process of creating our standards, and I am using a left-sided bubble. SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier.............

Message 9 of 9
Kent1Cooper

Can the bubble number be on the left?   Then both the others can be left-justified, and have the same-X-coordinate insertion points, and it won't matter how long the XXXXX one gets.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta