Did you mean: 

PDF shifting limits during zooming

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Tommy2shoes
2967 Views, 6 Replies

PDF shifting limits during zooming

A 2017 AutoCAD files where new PDF references are added, the PDF references do not stay where the are placed while zooming in & out relative to vector objects on the drawing. Until after you save, close and reopen the drawing file.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Tommy2shoes

@Tommy2shoes wrote:

A 2017 AutoCAD files where new PDF references are added, the PDF references do not stay where the are placed while zooming in & out relative to vector objects on the drawing. Until after you save, close and reopen the drawing file.

Can you post the problem files?

Message 3 of 7
Tommy2shoes
in reply to: Anonymous

That would be like saving it. It is just with new PDFs it seems.

Thomas Taylor

CAD Operator, Clive Daniel Home

Phone: 239-261-4663 Ext. 7882
Message 4 of 7
pendean

Do you mean PDF attachments inside the DWG file move around as you zoom in/out?
Message 5 of 7
Tommy2shoes
in reply to: pendean

I don't think they move while I'm zooming. I know that they appear to be placed on a different elevation (which they are not) and the slight perspective difference would tend to cover or move away from linework on the drawing, while zooming in a 2d wireframe viewport.

Thomas Taylor

CAD Operator, Clive Daniel Home

Phone: 239-261-4663 Ext. 7882
Message 6 of 7
pendean

You'll have to post post a video to show us the problem in action so we can see what you are seeing.
Message 7 of 7
Tommy2shoes
in reply to: pendean

What I did not say was how this was also a new PC (for me) that came with the AutoCAD 2017 upgrade. After booting into serious display malfunctions today I reset the AMD Firepro software back to the factory defaults, which seems to have resolved the problem, for now.
Sorry!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost