Paste command not working

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
zachUDEDM
6055 Views, 9 Replies

Paste command not working

copy.jpg

 I'm trying to copy items from one drawing into another but for some reason when I use the paste command, nothing is showing up on the drawing.  It looks like the copy command is working and I'm not getting an error message.

Any idea what's happening or if there's a workaround I can try?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: zachUDEDM

Are you sure the content you are pasting are just not way offscreen outside your immediate view?
and/or do you need to thaw/turn on all of your layers afterwards and REGENALL before looking for them off screen?
BTW there is always an error message if it fails.

Message 3 of 10
zachUDEDM

To test it, I tried to copy and paste it right next to the original object in the same drawing.  So yes the layers are fine since I can see the object I'm copying and I'm using a base point on the object so it would paste in on my mouse.
Same result.

If there is always an error message, then is there somewhere I can find that it would be logged?

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Does this problem occur in any other drawings, or just this one DWG file?
Message 5 of 10
zachUDEDM
in reply to: pendean

All drawings.  I've also tried using the right click command just in case it was an issue with the keyboard shortcuts but that didn't work either.  I did manage to paste in image files and text files from other programs just fine.  But when I try copying anything from autocad to autocad, nothing happens.

Message 6 of 10
pendean

AutoCAD to AutoCAD? as in two separate program sessions? That never works, never has, never will AFAIK.
If you mean between two open DWG file windows in the same AutoCAD session, that works fine for almost everyone except you at the moment for some reason.

Which is it?

Post screenshots of your ABOUT command pop-up, as well as your GRAPHICSCONFIG command pop-up, and also list your OS for us please.

TIA
Message 7 of 10
Kent1Cooper

Something appears to be wrong with your PASTECLIP command.  When I use it, I get an insertion-point prompt that is not in your image:

Kent1Cooper_0-1613165710830.png

Might you need a repair/reinstallation?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 10
zoe58E39

Did this work? I'm having the same problem.  It was working fine up until a minute ago, now I can't paste anything.  (Copy command works fine, but ctrl+C ctrl+V just shows nothing, even though it says it's pasting in the command bar.

Message 9 of 10
tcarrBDA

I'm having the same problem sporadically.  I haven't been able to find a pattern in the failures.  I am using 2023.

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: tcarrBDA

@tcarrBDA wrote:

I'm having the same problem sporadically.  I haven't been able to find a pattern in the failures.  I am using 2023.

Sadly, there is no universal fix for "sporadically": does restarting your AutoCAD help resolve the issue by chance?

Is there an error at the commandline you might have missed? Make sure it is 3-5 line tall next time it happens and see what AutoCAD is trying to share with you.

Does your OS Login TEMP folder need emptying?

Have you installed the 2023.1.5 Update yet? It is required, ABOUT command inside your AutoCAD2023 will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost