Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paste any isometric 3d view in 2D Drawings.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
34768 Views, 7 Replies

paste any isometric 3d view in 2D Drawings.

Hello I make 2 design one of in 2D & another was in 3D.

So I wanna to paste any isometric 3D view in 2D Drawings for the purpose How the Product looks when it Finished it machinery process.

But unfortunately I can't so plz help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and Welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

>> But unfortunately I can't so plz help me. << 

could you tell us what procedure that you have done for this issue?

>> So I wanna to paste any isometric 3D view in 2D Drawings << 

usually copyclip(Ctrl+c ) and Paste (Ctrl+v) will do what you ask for.if you have big 3D model it's more safe to take your 2D drawing to the 3D by attache it as xref.

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
leeminardi

Here's one approach.

Let' say you have two AutoCAD drawings.  One contains the 2D views and the other a 3D model.

In the 3D model go to a viewing angle that shows the solid model in the isometric orientation you want.

Set the visualstyles to 2D Wireframe

Set DISPSILH to 1

Give the HIDE command and select the geometry.

Use CTRL-C to copy the lines to the Windows clipboard.

Go to the 2D drawing and give the PASTESPEC (Paste Special) command.   This will paste an image of the selected geometry into the other drawing.  SInce it is an image and not AutoCAD entities the image quality will be limited.

---

If you want to paste the image as AutoCAD entities I have found you can use paste-special to paste the geometry into Word using the Picture (Windows Metafile) format. You can then ungroup the vectors, edit, group and paste-special back into AutoCAD as lines.  Let me know if you want more detail on this process.

~Lee

lee.minardi
Message 4 of 8
leeminardi
in reply to: leeminardi

Here's a slightly better process that yields AutoCAD lines rather than a raster image.

Follow the steps I outlined before up to HIDE but then give the FLATTEN command and respond Yes to "Remove Hidden Lines"..

Select the resulting drawing and hit Ctrl-C.

Go to your 2D drawing and pastespec as AutoCAD entities.  You may need to rotate the resulting graphic.

~Lee 

lee.minardi
Message 5 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Here is an post that might help you with this process. There are several ways to show 3D content in a 2D fashion:

• Viewbase
  • Flatshot
  • SolProf

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 8
GrantsPirate

I would also suggest FLATSHOT as the command you will want for this purpose.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

To paste Isometric objects in 2d drawing, just export it as a pdf file and import it back to the 2d drawing. Make sure to adjust your view when exporting , because the size of the object depends on how far you viewed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta