Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARTIAL WIREFRAME AND PARTIAL HIDDEN DISPLAY...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
marko_ribar
838 Views, 2 Replies

PARTIAL WIREFRAME AND PARTIAL HIDDEN DISPLAY...

I managed to do workaround with this while making project and plotting vector geometry by making hidden plot and some of 3d solids and regions exploded to lines...
But the questions still stands : How to avoid exploding. My situation was simple as geometry was pretty simple - all edges were straight and linework was a solution... But what if my model was complex : You have spheres or rounded curved surfaced primitives (3d solids)... The goal is to show both siluettes and isolines - just like in wireframe, and plus to show hidden geometry - some of lines are hidden and are behind others... How to make it possible in the same drawing for plotting - I want to plot vectorial drawings, not shade display, render or visual styles with transparent entities (some of them)...

The same question asked here :

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=56910.0 

Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: marko_ribar

No core feature in AutoCAD does anything like that.
Message 3 of 3
marko_ribar
in reply to: pendean

Just to inform...

I've solved this issue by double flatshotting 3d model... First flatshot is applied on objects selected to be wireframe displayed and second is applied to other 3d entities - only thing that should be done through process is to check obscured lines first time and then second time to uncheck that option... I have 2 blocks with lineworks as I wished to be, but that doesn't matter - it's for plotting vectorial linework... Now, I still wonder - would it be possible that future releases have this available by 3d orbiting - for direct presentations - animations... But I am satisfied and with my solution - I'll mark my answer as a solution...

Thanks for attention...

Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost