Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paintbrush Picture option is not showing up in the Pastespec command

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
norberto.malabuyoc
2977 Views, 13 Replies

Paintbrush Picture option is not showing up in the Pastespec command

Hi, i have just installed AutoCAD2019.  I am trying to paste an image file so that it should become embedded to the drawing (so anyone from any computer with AutoCAD can see the image once the drawing is opened).

This is how I tried to do it (I've done this before and it used to work).

1) Open autocad. Start a new drawing.

2) Open the image file in Paint.

3) Still in Paint application, Select All then Copy.

4) In Autocad, type pastespec (or click Edit>Paste special).. Now I am expecting to see "Paintbrush Picture" option but it does not show up. That's the problem.

Is there anything I should do to make it (Paintbrush Picture option) show up?

Previously, in my AutoCAD2011 version (this used network license) it showed up.

Now in my AutoCAD2019 (node-locked/stand-alone) it does not show up.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

hello, you can try this screencast below. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 14

Hi and Welcome to AutoCAD Forum,

i suggest to make sure that your updates are installed to AutoCAD from your Autodesk Desktop App  ( check your Dsektop icons ) , then check if any changes . also try to use Ctrl+C ( to copy from Paint )  and  Ctrl+V ( to paste to AutoCAD ) . if NOT fixed try to disable your hardware acceleration from  GRAPHICSCONFIG  command then try again to paste your image . 

Regards,

Message 4 of 14

Hi, Thank you for the fast response. By using the process you suggested, I got the "Paintbrush picture" option and was able to paste the image in my drawing. However, the image is missing when I try to open it in another computer.

Message 5 of 14

Hi imadHabash, Thank you for the immediate response. I installed the new update (please see details below). (This is though autoCAD2019 is newly installed.)

AutoCAD2019.0.1 Update 64-Bit

AutoCAD 2019 Update for AutoCAD based products

04/12/2018 release

>> Still can't see the "Paintbrush picture" option.

I have been using CTRL+A, CTRL+C (in Paintbrush), CTRL+V (in AutoCAD). The image will be pasted, however, the associated issue is that the image goes missing when I try to open the drawing on another computer.

Also turned OFF the hardware acceleration. Still, no success.

Regards,

Norberto

Message 6 of 14

Hi, 

>> ..... the image goes missing when I try to open the drawing on another computer. <<

as i see that your original problem NOW is resolved and you can paste it and see it . BUT other users can not see it !!

please try to paste your image in that another computers then open the file from yours and see if you can see it . if yes , save it from your computer and open it again from the another computer and tell us if you see the image or not ? 

Regards,

Message 7 of 14

Hi Imad,

Although I did not try, I bet that if I will paste the image file to the other computer before opening the drawing there, the image WILL show up in the drawing since autoCAD can then find the image file on the path.. The problem is we are uploading the drawings in a common site and the image file is not included in the files that we upload (we use an auto-upload program). Therefore, the person who will use the drawing from that common site won't have the image file.

Regards,

Norberto

Message 8 of 14

Hi,

i feel that you may need to know the difference between Embed Objects  and  Link Objects , i suggest to read and follow this AKN article that may help . >> Click <<   also i suggest to check OLEHIDE (System Variable) in all used computers as mentioned here . >> OLEHIDE <<

Regards,

Message 9 of 14

Hi Imad,

Thank you for the recommendation. I will review OLE in-depth. Hopefully I'll find the answer. I will let you know if once I found the solution (update here in the forum). Thanks.

Regards,

Norberto

Message 10 of 14

@norberto.malabuyoc

you wrote

Hi, Thank you for the fast response. By using the process you suggested, I got the "Paintbrush picture" option and was able to paste the image in my drawing. However, the image is missing when I try to open it in another computer.

i highly doubt it. have you try.? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 11 of 14

Hi, I tried it several times but was unsuccessful. I did notice though that I got "Cannot update client" message on the Update Document step. But I thought that it has no effect because the image in the drawing "refreshed" anyway (it got bigger from the original small image (on the upper-right area of Acad window).

Regards,

Norberto

Message 12 of 14

Hi Guys,

I am updating this since I think we got the answers.
1) The missing "Paintbrush Picture" option in PASTESPEC is due to the Windows version. Should be Wndows10 or newer version. This I conclude because Windows 7 is the commonality between the computers that did not have the option. While those that run in Windows 10 has it.
2) The replacement "Ts" option in PASTESPEC works just like the "Paintbrush Option". I just found out that my recent sample images were just too big to handle (that is why "Ts" did not work on my earlier trials) and it needed down-sizing. In my computer, I was able to utilize "Ts" successfully with image files less than 20MB. For large images, we can use the "Resize" function in MSPaint to reduce the size before copying it to the clipboard. But I wouldn't reduce the size that much since it will affect the image quality. Just getting to less than 20MB is enough for my computer.

Thank you again for your support and I hope that these 2 findings could also help others.

Regards,

Norberto "Nomer" M.

Message 13 of 14

I've come into an issue after pasting a paintbrush picture using PASTESPEC.

I am trying to add a jpeg image to my titleblock and I cannot resize the image after inserting into my drawing. There is an option in Properties>Geometry called Lock aspect, and you can toggle this on and off, so I turned this off, and I still wasn't able to resize the image. Also--keep in mind, I am using AutoCAD LT 2021.

Message 14 of 14
Patchy
in reply to: emilyZHC5Q

Paste special as

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost