Page setup manager layout scale, please help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2017 Views, 5 Replies

Page setup manager layout scale, please help

My page setup manager in layout has a standard scale setting of 1:1000

So 1mm (in paper space) equates to 1 unit in model space 

Why am I unable to set scale to 1:1 as in the attached example video on youtube? (attached)

Autocad automatically changes 1mm paperspace to 0.001 unit in model space (attached)

Am I missing something?, I really do not understand it

Thanks

Scale 1_1 - example video.jpgScale 1_1.jpgScale 1_1000.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Please run -DWGUNITS to see what your current drawing units are set to. I suspect that they are set to meters in which case the scaling you show makes sense.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John

You are correct the units are set to meters, I still find it a bit confusing because it should not matter what the units are? I have always learned that a scale (say 1:1000) means that the unit in the drawing is the same on paper divided by the scale factor. Can you explain the reasoning behind this scale factors autodesk is using?

Also what I do not understand is, when I click on a viewport to set a scale, the initial scale displayed is extremely small. as per attachment. Why is that, wand what does it represent?

Scale Autcad.jpg

Message 4 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

As suggested, you should check the UNITS and make sure it is set to Millimeters.

If you work in construction, millimeters is the proper convention. Meters is used by civil engineers and surveyors.

Also make sure that you start with a metric template. That should provide you with the proper annotation scale settings in the task bar. You can use the SCALELISTEDIT command to change scale options or add and delete scale settings.

Message 5 of 6

P.s. some European countries use centimeters I believe, if so set UNITS to centimeters. 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I found a very clear explanation here : https://www.cadmasters.com/techsupp/ldt/metric.html

Now it makes sense, thanks for responding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost