Overall drawing scale

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1249 Views, 4 Replies

Overall drawing scale

Hi everyone.

My company just upgraded to AutoCad 2020 and i'm having problems with a new drawing i have created with it.

I'm drawing in model space, if i draw a line 25mm long and then change its type to hidden or centre it looks just the same no matter what i do with the linetypescale. If i draw it 50mm long and set the linetypescale to 0.1 i see the two dashes for a hidden line but a centreline still just shows as a single line.

So i think there might be a problem with the overall drawing scale.

In various places i've seen tools or functions related to factory layout drawings so i'm wondering if it is configured or scaled in some way for large drawings rather than small components. Most users in my company probably would be using it for layouts.

Another clue to my problem might be that when I inserted single line text i had to set the text height at 0.1mm for it to display at 10mm. so i guess my scale is 100:1

I have to set my dimension scale somewhere between 20 and 100 for them to be readable.

How do i change the overall drawing scale? Google searches just find how to change the dimension scale.

Thanks

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds more like an annotation scale issue.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
Patchy

Probably chose wrong template drawing. type in -dwgunits and set to correct unit.

Message 4 of 5
imadHabash

Hi,

>> How do i change the overall drawing scale?

i suggest to check your drawing UNITS. 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks guys, they were quick responses. 

I checked the DWGunits and everything was ok in there so i googled how to change the annotation scale and found that it's in the bottom toolbar. I looked there, it was at 1:100 so i changed to 1:1 and success.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report