ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

OSNAP continually comes on unexpectedly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pdzwonowski
274 Views, 5 Replies

OSNAP continually comes on unexpectedly

I have always used the F3 button to turn on and off my OSNAP - from the very beginning of ACAD! When I need to snap to an entity - hit F3 - don't need to snap - hit F3. Very efficient. But an annoying problem I've had for several ACAD versions is the OSNAP continually turns on when I don't want it to. I have to continually hit the F3... nearly constantly.  I've "just dealt with it" but it is now time to find a fix... 

I've read a number of posts that have the exact opposite problem - the OSNAP turns off when they don't want it to -  but have not found any posts with my situation.

Any thoughts?

HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: pdzwonowski

Why not set AutoCAD to tell you exactly when that happens so you can back-track and explore the reason in more detail? SYSVARMONITOR command, add this and other variables to be watched and find out more.

Usage is explained in HELP.

Message 3 of 6
john.vellek

HI @pdzwonowski,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

It sounds like you have an add-in or lisp routine that is toggling this behavior. Dean's suggestion of using SysVarMonitor might be a great way to watch what feature, command, or workflow triggers this to occur.

Please add a post with the results of using this feature.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @pdzwonowski,

I am checking back to see if my post or Dean's helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.
Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 6
pdzwonowski
in reply to: pendean

Hello Dean

Sorry about the delayed response

Appears the sysvarmonitor is available on ACAD 2016? I'm currently running 2013...

Any other options for diagnosing?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
RobDraw

Be aware of what you are doing when it happens. It is probably a LISP, or some other customization or 3rd party app, that is causing it to happen, so pay extra attention when running any LISP or other 3rd party commands commands.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost