Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a file in AutoCAD 2008

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
apanbasu
630 Views, 1 Reply

Opening a file in AutoCAD 2008

I have recently upgraded my computer from XP to 7. Before the upgrade I was saving my C-Drive with software in one external hard drive using Acronis software. I was saving all my Data on another External hard drive. Before the instillation of 7 -  I was constantly recovering C-Drive from my back-up.  One time I mistakenly  recovered the C-drive on my Data Drive back-up. All my data on the Back-up drive was not visible.

I had somebody recovered my data files. Now, I cannot open any AutoCad file with TM written on the Top right hand corner. (See attached screen shot of the directory and that included Properties of a file)

Is there a process which I can use to convert these drawings so that I can open with my AutoCad 2008 version?

Many thanks.

@apanbasu

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: Opening a file

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
john.vellek
in reply to: apanbasu

Hi @apanbasu

I apologize for my late reply but I just found your post. Did you get your files converted already or are you still having this problem?

I think you have a couple of easy options if the problem remains.  1) you can download a current version 30-day trial and save down or use the DWGCONVERT command. 2) You can use DWG Trueview to save files down to older versions.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report