Did you mean: 

opening a file from a folder or anywhere outside of autocad session

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ParishSouthBdx
539 Views, 6 Replies

opening a file from a folder or anywhere outside of autocad session

can seem to figure out whats the deal.   i recently upgraded to windows 10.  now double clicking a dwg file out of a folder or anywhere else for that matter will open autocad but to the start page.  if I have autocad open and looking at files with window explorer and double click a file it opens a new session but not the dwg .  I end up at the start page.

help.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

sounds like the assignment of Windows Explorer click on dwg-files is set to ACAD.EXE instead of AutoCAD DWG Launcher. Check this >>>AKN article<<<

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

your a gem.

Message 4 of 7

your a gem.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7

Hey Alfred.  I associated autocad files to the acad.exe file in the program files folder.  still wants to open another session.

Message 6 of 7

Hi,

>> I associated autocad files to the acad.exe

In March you accepted my suggestion as solution ... to NOT use acad.exe as default to open a dwg-file?

Why did you change it back to acad.exe (instead of using the AutoCAD DWG Launcher)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7

I got it bass ackwards....when it didnt work I just moved on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report