But i need that hatch with 1 line, like that:

pline insulation.PNG

(this is a pline, not a hatch.)

The .pat archive is attached.

Someone can help me?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

hatches don't really work like that: use the linetype like in your second screenshot instead.
Message 3 of 14

Yes, you can do that with the Hatch pattern.  If you mean you want a single row of that pattern, such as to show insulation in a wall, you can do it with some care about the boundary, scale and origin, and of course the rotation angle when the wall direction isn't horizontal.

InsulHatch.PNG

That pattern is defined at 100 drawing units "high" per row of squiggles, so use a scale of the thickness divided by 100.

If, on the other hand, you actually want a squiggly Polyline end result, rather than a Hatch pattern or via AutoCAD's Batting linetype, there are a variety of routines that will do that.  My favorite is my own InsulBattPoly.lsp, available here.  Be sure to look at the image in my first comment there -- it's pretty juicy, and even works along curved paths.  If you Search further for "insulation" just on that Cadalyst CAD Tips website, there are several other routines for Polyline results [as well as for other Hatch patterns].  I went through checking them out a while back, and added comments at their individual pages about things like whether the loops touch [as in my routine and the Batting linetype] or not [as in the above Hatch pattern], what kind of input you have to give it, some drawbacks to a few of them, etc., etc.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 14

Ok then.

Thank You.

Message 5 of 14

Hi @rodrigo.n.fernandes0,

Another solution (Borrowed from a previous suggestion of @Alfred.NESWADBA I believe in a similar situation- Sorry I don't recall the topic)

You can create a"MLSTYLE" (MultiLine Style) with the middle line type set to "Batting"..

The beauty of the solution is that it well align it self with sloped and perpendicular lines..

You can Adjust the thickness by adjusting the Scale of the "MLine"

Batting.jpg

DWG attached..

Regards 🙂

Message 6 of 14
pendean
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

"Wall" hatches are rarely done in single lines: while a nice workaround for occasional use it's not a viable production-mode solution. @elshawadfy is a viable alternative if the OP already uses MLINEs for their "walls".
Message 7 of 14
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
"Wall" hatches are rarely done in single lines: ....

Maybe so, and I never do it that way myself, but it's exactly what the OP asked how to do, so....

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 14
Tommy2shoes
in reply to: elshawadfy

Another nice thing about the multiline method is that you can use it for the boundary of an associative hatch. Though it will not rotate at the vertexes.

Message 9 of 14

I want insulation hatcg

Message 10 of 14
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: 16-0400

@16-0400 wrote:

I want insulation hatcg

So have you tried the pattern attached to Message 1?  Or looked at the Cadalyst CAD Tips site linked in Message 3?  Or Searched the web [there are very many  websites with free hatch patterns]?  If nothing from those sources works for you, what do you want to be different?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 11 of 14
Tommy2shoes
in reply to: 16-0400

Since no one knows what you want it for there could be several ways to solve the problem. Hatch patterns with anything round (except for super hatches) is very difficult to make & will not follow a path. Maybe you can try to measure a path with a simple S block. The path would be a temporary construction line. Why you can't settle for the batting line style though remains a mystery.Measure command battingMeasure command batting

Message 12 of 14
Tommy2shoes
in reply to: Tommy2shoes

If you use the array command you can keep the association with the construction line

Message 13 of 14

Hello, how do you rotate the hatch? I was able to load it on my Revit as a pattern but there's no option to rotate it vertically. Thank you in advance.

Message 14 of 14
pendean
in reply to: charleneHXVGM

@charleneHXVGM This is not the REVIT support forum: that is over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-products/ct-p/2003

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost