Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Snap Tracking disabled by other object (Abnormal)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
moon47usaco
487 Views, 4 Replies

Object Snap Tracking disabled by other object (Abnormal)

In a particular drawing (our office template) osnap tracking is being abnormally suppressed by the polar tracking in the object tracking path.

See the screenshot for better explanation.

1. I want to copy or move the block by a point...

2. ...to be inline with a corner of another block (red line is where the tracking line would be)

3. ...to two points that intersect a dimension line and a regular line.

In a normal drawing from the acad template (Track_Normal.dwg) this is not an issue at all.

In our office template (Track_AbNormal.dwg) when i track down from the point acquired the tracking stops working or is suppressed when I am inline with the polar tracking from the copy start point but anywhere else is ok.

Why is the polar tracking keeping the object tracking from working in the abnormal drawing?

track.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
moon47usaco
in reply to: moon47usaco

Here is normal behavior:

Message 3 of 5
moon47usaco

Here is the problematic or abnormal behavior (polar tracking is overriding the otrack):

Message 4 of 5
imadHabash

Hi,

after i open your Track_AbNormal.dwg i notice that there is ( 30 registered applications deleted. ) after activate Purge (Reg) command..also try to be always near to 0,0,0 don't draw your lines far a way. 

regards,

Message 5 of 5
moon47usaco
in reply to: imadHabash

We received support from Autodesk regarding the issue and the contents of the email are below:

The issue with your file has to do with the TARGET variable. In the working drawing it is 0,0,0. In the other one, it is (roughly) 1152,2978,189.

There are a couple of ways to get the read-only TARGET variable to be 0,0,0. The easiest is to insert the whole DWG file into a new DWG file as an exploded block. Use the INSERT command, browse to the DWG in question, check the box for Explode, and click OK. The other method is detailed here.

Best regards,

Zac Travis
Autodesk Technical Support

Note: if the link does not work see here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Plot-o...

It entails using DVIEW and setting points to 0,0,0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost