Did you mean: 

Not getting Drop Downs in Palettes > Properties > Drop Selection Box

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
618 Views, 7 Replies

Not getting Drop Downs in Palettes > Properties > Drop Selection Box

I am new to Auto CAD and I am taking a training course.

In the course materials, when a circle is clicked on the Circle selection appears and under Geometry the Diameter also appears.  Here is a screen shot of the upper part of Properties showing the Circle selection:

Circle.png

On my software when I click on a Circle no Circle selection appears in the drop down:

No circle.png

Are items to be selected in the drop down something I need to download, or is it some other configuration choice?

How do I go about correcting this issue?

I am using version 2014.  (Yes, it is old, but it is fine for my needs.)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you installed A360 Software?

Or is the Limit set to 0?

PROPOBJLIMIT

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Thank you for the quick response.

No 360 is not installed that I can tell.  However, having said that, I see the 360 drop down sign-in box in the upper right-hand area.  Does that mean it is installed?

I found a long thread about "How To Install AutoCAD 2014 without Autodesk 360".  It seems to indicate that there were problems with the installer installing 360 anyway and the drop down being corrupted.

In regards to setting the limit, since I am new to this, I haven't learned how to use those commands.  I will try it, but I need some brief instruction.

How would suggest I proceed?

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Is PICKFRIST variable just turned off? Look up usage in HELP in 2014.

Otherwise you have a reinstall of 2014 to go through, you have a WIndows Registry error in place.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Looks like PICKFIRST is set to 1.

I will proceed with the reinstall.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Message 6 of 8
ChicagoLooper

Your course materials shows the Properties Palette with a circle selected. When you select a circle in your drawing your Properties Palette shows No selection, correct? How about your circle, does it show five blue grips, one in the center and four at each quadrant after clicking on the circle? If the blue grips don't appear then you haven't officially selected your circle.

10-circle.PNG

Also, how many sessions of AutoCAD do  you have open? Do you have two sessions running concurrently? If more than one, then you'll get two Properties Palettes. Each Palette will only show selections related to their own modelspace.

Chicagolooper
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Thank you for the additional information.

Yes, I do get the blue dots and I have only one session going.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Problem solved!

It has been a few days, but I have solved the problem by reinstalling AutoCad 2014.  In case someone follows this thread in the future, I wanted to provide the solution.

I uninstalled the software first.

Then I located the setup.ini file on the software disk.

Open the file with notepad and scroll down to the "POSTREQUISITE=..." row.

It will appear as follows:

POSTREQUISITE=ACAD_PSPACK;ADSYNC;ACADSKETCHUPIMPORT

Delete "ADSYNC" from this line.  ADSYNC is what installs AC360.

After editing the result will be as follows:

POSTREQUISITE=ACAD_PSPACK;ACADSKETCHUPIMPORT

Save the setup.ini file after editing.

Install the software as normal.  Once you open the software you will see AC360 in the ribbon and on the selections on the top right of the screen.  You can go to View and turn off AC360 in ribbon.  I didn't find a place to remove it from the upper right-hand area; however, the link doesn't bring it up, since it isn't installed.

Many thanks for all of the replies above.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta