Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Changing Color of Specific Block in Autodesk DWG Model using Viewer API

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
vyshakhgnair_cvr
267 Views, 2 Replies

Need Help Changing Color of Specific Block in Autodesk DWG Model using Viewer API

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on a project involving Autodesk's DWG models and their Viewer API. I've run into a bit of a challenge and was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me out.

I'm trying to change the color of a specific block within a DWG model using the Viewer API. While I've been able to work with the API to view the model and make some basic adjustments, I'm not quite sure how to approach this particular task.

Has anyone had experience or knowledge about manipulating individual block colors using the Autodesk Viewer API? If you have any insights, advice, or even a code snippet to share, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
Vyshakh 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I assume you are using the web API made available through Autodesk Platform Services. If so you can query over there to see if you can find more answers

Im speaking a little out side of my wheelhouse here, but have you been able to manipulate any of the properties of the block? If not you may need to consider how blocks live in drawings. They live a blocks and block references. The block is is definition and the block reference is an individual instance of the block. if you are making changes to the block definition it may not be reflected in an individual block reference. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thanks, I was able to to create block reference for each block and retrieve the names. But now my task is to color it.I will post in the forum you provided,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report