Mystery Asian Lagnuage Dialog Box installing AutoCAD 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
402 Views, 3 Replies

Mystery Asian Lagnuage Dialog Box installing AutoCAD 2015

Hi,

When I try to install AutoCAD 2015 from the web I get a strange dialog box, as shown in the attachment. I click the only button available and the installation goes no further. Unfortunately I have no idea what the dialog box says so I can't take any corrective action. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thanks for looking.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you downloading the correct version of 2015?

Or did you download an Asian version?

Message 3 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

I've not seen that before, but I too would guess that you've somehow launched an asian language version of the installer.

If you can't get it sorted out, you can try a conventional browser download using the Autodesk Virtual Agent

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Embarrassingly I had completely missed the language dialog which was set to Traditional Chinese by default. Smiley Embarassed

It seems there's a communication error with the AutoDesk servers preventing me from installing the application. I might just go with DraftSight instead of AutoCAD. Looks like less hassle. Thanks for answering.

Edit. Have installed the download manager and tried the option of launching download through the download manager too but all that does is download another copy of the download manager every time. Currently giving it one last shot by downloading the whole thing in the browser to see if it will install. If that fails too I will definitely give up on AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report