Did you mean: 

MVSETUP is STILL broken

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rgorman
1382 Views, 13 Replies

MVSETUP is STILL broken

Running 2017, when I do the "findfile" script, it returns: "C:\\program files\\autodesk\\autocad 2017\\support\\en-us\\mvsetup.lsp"

This directory is available and in my support directory listings. However, when I enter "MVSETUP" (while in the model space viewport) in the command line, INSTANT crash. I have worked around this by using an older drawing with a rotated view already created, deleting all the objects, doing a full purge and then creating a template from that. HOWEVER, when needing to do it an existing drawing, this creates problems.

What I haven't done yet is to grab the lsp file itself and throw it into the startup suite.

Performance Monitor is useless, since the very act of entering the command crashes Acad, and it won't store and send the information along.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rgorman
in reply to: rgorman

Startup Suite doesn't matter, instant crash.

Message 3 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @rgorman,

I will give this a try on my computer. Can you attach one of your drawings that illustrates the problem?

[EDIT] In a new 2017 file based upon ACAD.dwt I can't duplicate the issue. So, please attach your template file as well as a sample drawing so I can determine what is misbehaving for you.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 14
rgorman
in reply to: john.vellek

The "rotated" template was CREATED a few years ago using the MVSETUP command. But after activating the viewport, running it is an instant crash. The non rotated template is our standard template that will crash when MVSETUP is launched after activation the viewport.

As for what sample drawing I might send along, it happens to ALL drawing files.

Message 5 of 14
john.vellek

HI @rgorman,

Thanks for the files. I opened the files and tried using MVSETUP with no errors at all. Of course, right?!

The drawings appear clean so that leaves us to look for something else that might be causing the issue. I am leaning towards graphics card. Can you give me some information on your hardware and operating system?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 14
rgorman

Naturally... I'll also say that it happens to the other 2 guys as well, so it isn't just this PC. Well, at least for their Acad 2015's- I'm testing the 2017 version (NOT the Demo- full version)

I'll get back with the machine info and such tomorrow- Any specific info you need?

Thanks for the effort so far....

Message 7 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @rgorman

Very good - I hope that I can find the problem for you quickly and get you back to running properly. I will watch for an update on your post.

Operating system

Graphics card make and model and driver version

processor 

RAM

Diskspace and type

John Vellek

Message 8 of 14
rgorman

not sure if you caught that edit. Any specific info you're looking for?

Message 9 of 14
Murph_Map

@rgorman wrote:
 Any specific info you're looking for?

Just a credit card number Ray.  😉 

Who still uses the MVsetup anyways?  🙂 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 10 of 14
rgorman
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph... I created a step by step guide for the in-DUH-viduals and Engineers for when they needed to create in "portrait" mode. It was simple and easy... when it worked.

Win 7 64 bit NTFS

Intel i7-3770 CPU@3.40GHz, 8GB Ram

Disk size 1TB (with a RIDICULOUS amount of space left-750GB)

Graphics- AMD Radeon HD 7570
VER. 8.922.0.0

Message 11 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @rgorman,

Thanks for the update on your post. It appears that a newer video driver might be available from AMD.

Capture.PNG

Also, since I am having problems duplicating your problem, can I see the Step-by-step instructions you have put together? I am probably screwing something up on my side and would like to go trough your exact process.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 14
dgorsman

Not exactly certain this is related to the procedure but... didn't they do something so that the viewport can just be ROTATEd rather than going through MVSETUP or similar gymnastics?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 13 of 14
rgorman
in reply to: dgorsman

D'OH! that was the trick. Just rotating the viewport itself did essentially the same thing. But it's a bit of a fiddle since the Viewport needs to be resized to fill the page afterwards. 

Updating driver did not help, still crashed.

But as I mentioned- I have created a template using a previously created rotated viewport already in place. So starting from scratch is easier, but modifying an existing file I can use the "From Template" command and go from there. 

thanks for the effort though....

Message 14 of 14
Murph_Map

@rgorman wrote:

D'OH! that was the trick. Just rotating the viewport itself did essentially the same thing. But it's a bit of a fiddle since the Viewport needs to be resized to fill the page afterwards

thanks for the effort though....

Any time, that's what "they" are here for. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report