Did you mean: 

Multiline Text for Sheetset field

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1715 Views, 9 Replies

Multiline Text for Sheetset field

I have a field in my sheetset that is populated automatically based on the name of the drawing layout title (see fig.1 below).Fig.1.JPG

I have been trying to get the field to behave in my titleblock (see fig.2 below) as multi line but for some reason it won't work... I just want it to fit within the column underneath the 'DRAWING' header. I've attached my drawing file for reference.

Fig.2.JPG

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I suggest that your create the field attribute following the directions in this article.

I think you missed checking the multiline in the attribute definition. If I am wrong, then let me know and we can try something else to fix this issue.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 10
Edwin.Saez

@Anonymous,

Modify your block, and now you can adjust it to fit within the frame you need.

Edwin Saez

LinkedIn / AutoCAD Certified Professional

EESignature

Si mi respuesta fue una solución para usted, por favor seleccione "Aceptar Solución", para que también sirva a otro usuarios.

Message 4 of 10
john.vellek
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or @Edwin.Saez's helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.
Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Hi John, unfortunately no it did not solve the problem. I've tried going into the block and editing the attribute to be "multiline" however it still does not reflect once I update the block in the drawing. I'm wondering if its maybe because there are no horizontal "text box" constraints for the text therefore it simply continues on one line as it has no bounding border to make it start writing on the line below...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hi John, unfortunately no it did not solve the problem. I've tried going into the block and editing the attribute to be "multiline" however it still does not reflect once I update the block in the drawing. I'm wondering if its maybe because there are no horizontal "text box" constraints for the text therefore it simply continues on one line as it has no bounding border to make it start writing on the line below...
Message 7 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Try creating the multi-line attribute from scratch. Don't edit the existing one.  Did you try the one that was attached by @Edwin.Saez in Post 3? That one works for me too.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Edwin.Saez

Thanks Edwin, this worked! I'm not sure how you did it, but atleast you fixed it 🙂

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I'm no quite sure how he got it to "behave", but he did fix it for me nonetheless so I am still grateful! I think it had to do with the boundary

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Rather than creating a new attribute, I simply used the BATTMAN command then selected the block attribute. 

Go to the Attribute tab then make sure the "Multiple Lines" box is checked so the [...] appear at the end of the Default editor. Then clicked the [...] which opened the mtext editor,  dragged the text box arrows to match the length I required.  Then ok and apply.  Done

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report