Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiline attribute edit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
priyampatelXF7X2
406 Views, 8 Replies

Multiline attribute edit

I have three lines in multi line attributeNot able to keep only diagram in second line.Not able to keep only diagram in second line.I want to arrange like this.I want to arrange like this., now I am inserting field so I can manage text using Sheet set manager. Now for specific need I want multi line text in custom way, for example as per image in first line I need "PIPING & INSTRUMENTATION" in second line I need only "DIAGRAM" in third line I need "GAS TURBINE GENERATOR". Now problem is I am not able to move "GAS TURBINE GENERATOR" in third line. So much appreciated if anyone can help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: priyampatelXF7X2

Share your DWG file that corresponds to your images here please: lets see the details of what you implemented, not just the results.

TIA
Message 3 of 9

I have tried several ways and all failed except one.

Can you move DIAGRAM to the 3rd line?

or... make (3) Fields that you have to edit for each of your drawings thru Properties.

This would be harder to edit vs Rename & Renumber but would work.

This way would also be harder if your auto making a drawing index with sheet sets but it can be done with spaces.

Hope this helps.

JRR!

jreidKVSUZ_0-1724421220953.png

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for tried and suggestions, Actually I need Diagram after P&ID so I cant move it last.

Other solution you provide is good and I also think about it but I need to make index from all drawing sheet and if I will separate all three line for three field I cant called out to prepare Index. So I am stuck at this point. 

Once again thanks you and pls let me know if you come up with better idea.

Message 5 of 9
ed57gmc2

I've done it in the past with 3 fields and in my index, I concatenated the 3 fields so that it fit on one line. It depends on how you are creating your index.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
priyampatelXF7X2
in reply to: ed57gmc2

Thanks for having some trick to manage Index, Can you pls elaborate how to  concatenated 3 fields in one line.

Message 7 of 9
ed57gmc2

What tool are you using to print an index?

Ed

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
priyampatelXF7X2
in reply to: ed57gmc2

To make Index I am using Insert sheet list table tool as added image.

Not sure how I can combine three field into one line as you mentioned. 

mt3.PNG

Message 9 of 9
ed57gmc2

Here's a video of how to do it.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report