Did you mean: 

Multileaders Disappear With a short leader

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
mviscetto
5076 Views, 16 Replies

Multileaders Disappear With a short leader

Hello,

I have seen this topic in previous threads but have not found an answer.

My issue is that the arrowhead of the Multileader disappears when the leader becomes shorter than the landing.

(at least that is what appears to be the trigger)

I have read in other threads that the arrowhead disappears when the leader is shorter than the arrowhead height.

That does not appear to be the issue. - See attached file.

Is there a Sysvar to work with?

Thank you in advance

Michael

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
wispoxy
in reply to: mviscetto

You are correct it does need to be about 2 times the length. Really it's not just the small dot, it's a small dot and a mini line as the head.  O-

Message 3 of 17
john.vellek

Hi @mviscetto,

From my personal experience, I agree with @wispoxy.  In order to get around this I make a second multi-leader style with a smaller arrow head for such situations.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 17
john.vellek

Hi @mviscetto

I am checking back to see if my post or @wispoxy's helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 17
mviscetto
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

I would like to see if the smaller arrowhead scenario will work for us.

In our case is the small dot.

I quickly created a new block definition to use for a smaller dot.

then created a new MLeader style and assigned my new arrowhead to it.

(see attached)

Now the leader and arrowhead have a gap between them.

Hmmmm - any suggestions? 

Thank you

Message 6 of 17
john.vellek

HI @mviscetto,

I always cheat and put a small "leg" on it.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 17
mviscetto

Ok,

I see why and how that can be used however that does not solve my problem .

When I edit the length of the leader and shorten it a bit, the arrowhead still disappears with or without the gap.

What is interesting is that when the arrowhead vanishes the leader line lengthens.

If the rule is (Leader = 2x the Landing distance = Arrowhead displayed) then there may be no resolution to this, right?

Thank you

Message 8 of 17
john.vellek

Hi @mviscetto,

It works for me in your drawing! Hmmmm.

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Message 9 of 17
mviscetto

@john.vellek

yes sir, I was able to obtain that too.

However, if you will,

Please grip edit the dot and make the leader shorter than 12"

Does the dot disappear for you too?

Thanks

Message 10 of 17
john.vellek

HI @mviscetto,

Sir? No need for that....I just work here 🙂

Yes, I think you are correct.

A workaround - not a great one - is to explode the Leader and move the Dot.

I will see if there is something else that can be done for this issue.

Thanks for your patience

John Vellek

Message 11 of 17
mviscetto

@john.vellek

Thank you for the time spent on this.

Just for kicks I played with the QLeader command and obtained the same result so it must be embedded in the code.

Anyway, I may test the "moving the arrowhead within the block" idea but that seems like it may be a dangerous road to travel.

Thanks again for your help.

Have a good weekend.

Michael 

Message 12 of 17
john.vellek

I'm not near a computer but how about a non annotative style with a text override for text height?

John Vellek

Message 13 of 17
john.vellek

Hi @mviscetto,

I took the dimension, turned off the Annotative property and changed the Dot to 3/32" and it seems to work fairly well. So perhaps a second style that is not annotative would get you the dot with the short leader.

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Message 14 of 17
mviscetto

Thanks John,

I will experiment with that.

Michael

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Hello everyone, 

I just noticed a similar issue, and I solved it by making a custom arrowhead, made the size 100 fold of what I needed it to be. And changed the arrowhead size in the multileader style 1/100th of the required size. 

seems to work for me at first glance.

Message 16 of 17
gotphish001

I explode the leader as John mentioned and then I can edit it anyway I like. It's a rare occurrence that I need one that short in the work I do, so exploding is an ok workaround for me. If I had to explode a few a project I'd probably want to find another way. One exploded leader every other project is satisfactory for me.  Usually if I have a need for a short one I make it as short as possible without losing the dot and then see if I can get that to work. Most times that works well enough for me.

I have a lisp that takes a leader and Mtext and makes it a Mleader again. Now that I think of it maybe I'll try to make a short leader and recombine it again with the lisp and see if it keeps the dot. I doubt it but I'll check.  

Edit: My lisp does add the dot back in but it makes the leader long enough to have the dot again. DOH! It must have a default length it makes it when it converts it back to a Mleader. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 17 of 17
david.hartness
in reply to: Anonymous

Jww's solution worked for me as well!  Genius!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta