Did you mean: 

multileader grip stretch is "scaling" the stretch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stu_BG
556 Views, 5 Replies

multileader grip stretch is "scaling" the stretch

I'm using multileaders as tags.  When I stretch via grip on a 1- or 2-leader, the grip is locked to my cursor.  When I use a 3+leader, the leader arrows stay where they're supposed to, but the tag moves at 2X scale of where my cursor moves.  Wow, that was difficult to describe.  Hope that made sense.  here are two screenshots.  Normal behavior on top.

thank you,

stu

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: stu_BG

What version of AutoCAD are you using?
Can you post that portion of your DWG file?
Message 3 of 6
dmfrazier

Does this tend to happen only when the balloon (tag) is dragged (horizontally) so that it spontaneously "flips" to the opposite side of a leader?

If so, that's "normal".

If not, then maybe you can share a sample dwg and then we can see if we can replicate the issue.

Message 4 of 6
stu_BG

FYI, the issue was maintained through wblock.

Message 5 of 6
dmfrazier

Interesting.

It's not confined to three (or more) leaders. You can make this happen also with two leaders. The key seems to be that at least one leader must be on the opposite side (horizontally) of the other leader(s) (as in one or more leaders to the left of the balloon and one or more leaders to the right) when the grip-stretching begins. If you stretch the balloon far enough so that all leaders are on one side, then stop and re-start grip-stretching, it will behave "normally" until one of the leaders becomes opposite to the other(s) and grip-stretching is interrupted and re-started.
As long as all leaders are on the same side of the balloon, it seems to behave as expected.

This appears to be a "glitch" in the definition of the MLeader object.

Message 6 of 6
stu_BG
in reply to: dmfrazier

I noticed that it was happening with only two later yesterday as well.  I hadn't noticed that it was happening when the block was within the limits of the ends of the leaders.  Also, it only reverts to "normal" behavior when outside the X coordinate limits.  Above or below the Y coordinates retains the "scaling" behavior.  Edit: Oh, you did mention "horizontally"

I'm using 2018.  I didn't create the mleaderstyle, but it was likely created in 2015 or 2016.  It isn't anything fancy, it's using the OOTB _TagCircle block.

Thanks, dmfrazier, for noticing that behavior.  It's still annoying.  At least the additional understanding allows a work-around when precision is necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost