Did you mean: 

Multi color Pen style

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dkelner67U2P
581 Views, 8 Replies

Multi color Pen style

I would like to print a line as a thin black line with a yellow highlighted background (basically as if i used a highlighter pen on the line).

I envision choosing a line and making it a color (lets say red for this example). Then in the plot style select the red index setting to print two color, black front thin, to back yellow thick.

If i could copy a color and have, lets say two red settings, then i could do it. One red i could set as black and thin. Then the second red i could set yellow and thick. But, anyway, autocad plot style table does not let me have duplicate colors in the table.

Anyone know of an easy way to highlight a line from autocad?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: dkelner67U2P

Put a polyline with width behind it with color and plot .

Message 3 of 9

As mentionned by @Patchy 

Here is a colored polyline with a Global thickness associated to it for that highlighted look, as well as a transparency factor applied to the highlighter layer to be able to clearly see what is being highlighted.  

03.png

Message 4 of 9
cadffm

Create a MLINE style like this 😎

Sebastian

Message 5 of 9
dkelner67U2P
in reply to: cadffm

Thank You, this looks promising, It may make it cumbersome to edit in the future if a revision is needed. I was hoping to take my existing lines and just change a color and let plot style handle the labor.

Message 6 of 9
dkelner67U2P
in reply to: Patchy

Thank You, this looks promising, It may make it cumbersome to edit in the future if a revision is needed. I was hoping to take my existing lines and just change a color and let plot style handle the labor.

Message 7 of 9

Thank You, It may make it cumbersome to edit in the future if a revision is needed. I was hoping to take my existing lines and just change a color and let plot style handle the labor.

Message 8 of 9
Patchy

Put in a wish list with Autodesk 😁

Message 9 of 9
pendean

@dkelner67U2P wrote:

Since the program offers nothing like your wish, these workarounds listed above are ways to get close if you need it now.

You can ask Autodesk for that feature to be added in the future: it may happen in 1-5-10-20 years, hard to tell if you're the only one seeking it though https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report