Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Command not found?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
The_Angry_Elf
634 Views, 8 Replies

Move Command not found?

I have a user that recently updated from 2019 to the 2021 release and ever since, when she windows any entities to move and then types in "M" for the Move command, it kicks back a "Command: M Unknown command "M"."

But if she waits for a few seconds after all entities have been selected, the "M" command works.

Also, if she does the same process, but types in "MOVE", it works instantly.

What could be the reason for the delay for using the shortcut "M" versus typing in the full "MOVE" for the command?

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

I don't think it's specific to MOVE.  I have sometimes had similar issues with a command alias not "taking" immediately, and its using the alias itself rather than the full command name it's supposed to call up.  Most often for me, it's TE for TEXT.  But I don't know what causes it to hiccup like that sometimes.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 9

@The_Angry_Elf ,

Look into the suggestions on these links:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

could be a bug

Message 5 of 9
pendean

How is the user initiating <enter> after typing M? Through the keyboard button or a mouse right-click?
What is DYNMODE set to?

Is R2021 fully updated? ABOUT command will confirm, it it only lists 2021 then it is not updated and needs to be. Restart the PC after the update.
Message 6 of 9
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
How is the user initiating <enter> after typing M? Through the keyboard button or a mouse right-click?
What is DYNMODE set to?

Is R2021 fully updated? ABOUT command will confirm, it it only lists 2021 then it is not updated and needs to be. Restart the PC after the update.

She's using the Space Bar as the "enter" and DYNMODE is set to default (2), she is running ACAD 2021.1.1 R 154.0.0

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 7 of 9
pendean

Thanks for the info: I am unable to replicate the issue in my daily use R2021.1.1 R154.0.0 no matter how I try it.

Have them set DYNMODE to 0 (that's a zero) as a test and try again.
Also switch out their keyboard for a wired one (or a different wired one) and see if the issue goes away.

Message 8 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

If you try another new mouse .. any changes ?

Message 9 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

....switch out their keyboard for a wired one (or a different wired one) and see if the issue goes away.

This can't be a hardware issue. AutoCAD is receiving the input from the keyboard/mouse. The OP said that AutoCAD was returning ["Command: M Unknown command "M".]

So it's getting the "M", it's just not translating it to the proper command.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report