Did you mean: 

Modifying Clipboard Ribbon

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kwodek
478 Views, 8 Replies

Modifying Clipboard Ribbon

Is there a way to make "copy clip" the default selection when clicking on the copy icon?  I would like this to act similar to the paste icon, where "paste" is the default when clicking it (and there are several options when choosing the down arrow).  

kwodek_0-1661189527852.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TheCADnoob
in reply to: kwodek

If you really need this you can change it in the CUI. They CUI can be complicated for some so i don't recommend tinkering in there if you really don't need to. 

Open the CUI and navigate to the ribbons - Tabs - Home 2D then Home clipboard. There you can see the panel. Next click the icon for copy. In the Properties change it from 'Dropdown menu with recent' to 'Split'. Hit apply and Hit OK. If these changes do not stay after you log out you may need to save your workspace. 

CADnoob Ribbon Change Icon behavior.gif

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
pendean

CTRL+C is way quicker on your keyboard with your "other" hand: is that not an option?

Or just type CC then tap <enter> however you do that (spacebar, or actual enter-key, or mouse right-click if set up that way).

Message 4 of 9
kwodek
in reply to: pendean

In the past this has caused issues with our dynamic blocks. Maybe that issue has been resolved in 2023.
Message 5 of 9
pendean

@kwodek wrote:
In the past this has caused issues with our dynamic blocks. Maybe that issue has been resolved in 2023.

What sort of issues? Explain. Never seen any here using CTRL+C nor CC nor typing COPYCLIP to activate with Dynblocks in any version of AutoCAD.

Message 6 of 9
kwodek

It would add duplicate lines/items in the blocks. The duplicate lines/items that were added were not dynamic.
Message 7 of 9
pendean

Intriguing: selecting a button on the ribbon vs typing using the keyboard are not different, never have been, so your issue is not related to COPYCLIP command in whatever variation you use to invoke it.

Can you repeat this problem on demand right now with any of your dynblocks in any of your files?
Message 8 of 9
kwodek

I cannot, we stopped using that process a few years back, so it is one of those things we just haven't done since we discovered it. I will try the keyboard command and cross my fingers.
Thanks!
Message 9 of 9
TheCADnoob

I may be able to help walk you through the CUI method above if you have an interest

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta