Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model not showing in viewport preview

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4009 Views, 8 Replies

Model not showing in viewport preview

Ive completed my drawing in the model space and when I transfer to layout it is not showing.

I've tried saving the viewport, but nothing is showing in the preview.

Why would my drwaing save ok and appear on the model space but not be visible in any other previoew or layout tab? I don't know whether I need to download the software again!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

Deb,

Welcome to the forums.  Without a sample drawing file that exhibits the problems, we're just guessing.  Suggest a followup post with an attachment and what you have tried.  Here are a few possibilities:

1) You didn't create a viewport in the layout.

2) The viewport is not zoomed to see the object (must but unlocked to zoom).

3) The viewport layer settings for the objects are off.

4) You accidentally switched to another drawing instead of another layout (tab confusion).

As far as the preview is concerned, this depends on settings, your version, your zoom at save, and your saveback settings.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

Sorry I'm a complete beginner - I've been working in 2014 but just downlooaded 2015 to see if there was an issue with the original download, but same problem.

Attached a screen shot fyi.

Message 4 of 9
ВeekeeCZ

Here is some video tutorial. Horrible english, but better than hundred words.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz6piHlBn7g
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the update. My drawing in the model space does not appear when I transfer to the layout tab, so I thought it might be an issue with viewport. Its a simple drawing and on all the tutorials I've looked at it seems to appear automatically when you click on layout from the model tab but this isn't happening for me.

Message 6 of 9
ВeekeeCZ

Options/Display/Last one on the left is "Create viewport in new layouts"
Message 7 of 9
dbroad

Deb,

Your picture looks like you are using the vports command.  This command works to subdivide either the model tab layout or the other layouts into multiple views.  The picture in the dialog never shows the model. It just gives an approximate idea of how the screen will be divided.  After you exit the dialog, the screen is displayed in parts.

The tabs below the dialog are Mode, Layout1, and Layout2.  To be in paper space, choose one of the layouts.  Usually a single viewport is automatically created that shows the model geometry.  If not, you can use the mview command, the vports command or the ribbon layout tab to add viewports that show model geometry.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

As a beginner I think I've confused things by mentioning viewport. The problem is that the model drawing doesn't seem to be showing in the layout tabs. I can see a very small rectangle at the top of the layout grid which could be my floor plan but I can't zoom in to check?
Message 9 of 9
ВeekeeCZ

Could you post your dwg? It would be so much easier to all of us.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report