Did you mean: 

missing objects and lines in the file

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
leenbasem21
387 Views, 9 Replies

missing objects and lines in the file

i made plans using autocad and i have been working on this file for 2 months now, i have closed it and opened it multiple times and cope it to deferent locations on my computer and a shared file in my work place. the problem is that today i saved it and coped it to the shared file and reopened the original file and there were multiple plans deleted from the file i opened the cope file same problem happened, but when i look at the preview in my file explorer i see that the missing plans are there but when i open it they are not there also the backup files same problem 

i will attach the file the missing items most of them are lines that i drew if anyone can help i will appreciate it 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: leenbasem21

@leenbasem21 ,

Perform a RECOVER.

ValentinWSP_0-1713891824433.png

The PREVIEW

ValentinWSP_1-1713891855113.png

After RECOVER:

ValentinWSP_2-1713891890834.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 10
pendean

@leenbasem21 wrote:

...but when i look at the preview in my file explorer i see that the missing plans are there but when i open it they are not there...

Greetings. The preview in file explorer has never been a live look inside a DWG file. It s astatic image from the last successful save of the file embedded inside the DWG file. Here are some troubleshooting tips

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/thumbnail-for-a-dr...  

See below, your file's content and preview image match here for me too

pendean_0-1713898798040.png

pendean_2-1713898831684.png

pendean_5-1713899048903.png

Perhaps you are remembering extra content and that missing content is somewhere else found in all of these?

pendean_3-1713898917860.png

pendean_4-1713899021150.png

Message 4 of 10
leenbasem21
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

How can i preform a recover on the file this massage doesn’t appear when I open it is there a plug in or a way to do recover ? 

Message 5 of 10
leenbasem21
in reply to: pendean

did you do anything to the file ? Was there nothing missing when you opened it.? 🤔

Message 6 of 10
leenbasem21

can you copy all the data in the file and paste it into a new cad file and resend it to me please ? 

Message 7 of 10
pendean

@leenbasem21 wrote:

did you do anything to the file ? Was there nothing missing when you opened it.? 🤔

pendean_0-1713903493836.png

Message 8 of 10
pendean

@leenbasem21 wrote:

can you copy all the data in the file and paste it into a new cad file and resend it to me please ? 

Ha, I think I know what you did not do (the flaw of assuming the preview is a live look into your file): ZOOM Extents inside your own DWG file and see for yourself.

Message 9 of 10
leenbasem21
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

thank you i did preform recover and the data came back 

Message 10 of 10
leenbasem21

thank you  for helping i preformed recover to the file and the data came back

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups