Did you mean: 

missing layers when exporting to pdf in Autocad 2017

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mika_jahkola
7212 Views, 4 Replies

missing layers when exporting to pdf in Autocad 2017

I am trying to export dwg drawings to pdf including layer information.

Some dwg's export nicely, others don't include all layers, or include only layers that have objects in paper space.

The drawing objects themselves are visible on the pdf, but the pdf lacks part or all layer information, when viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  Objects on the missing layers cannot be turned off in Acrobat Reader, they don't seem to belong to any layer at all.

Is it a bug or a hidden setting somewhere in Autocad?
The only relevant setting I have found is in Page Setup Manager / PDF Options / Include Layer Information.

However, it applies (or should apply) to all layers in the drawing.

Autocad 2017, Windows 10 64-bit.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

>> Objects on the missing layers cannot be turned off in Acrobat Reader

Are these objects parts of blocks?

Can you please:

• upload the DWG + the PDF as you get it and let us know which layer-names you are referring to
  • start command _ABOUT and send us a screenshot from that dialog.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

The objects I mentioned are mostly simple Autocad drawing objects like polylines, text etc. There may be some blocks, for example this attached drawing has a the blocks "lattiakaivo", "teräsovi50" and some more. I haven't noticed that the blocks would be displayed differently from simple objects.

I attached a dwg and the corresponding pdf. You can see that the pdf shows the drawing objects of all 19 visible layers, but only two layer names, namely "0" and "nimiö". These happen to be the only layers on paper space.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

interesting, indeed.

Can you please change the visual style within your viewport to "2D-Wireframe" instead of "Wireframe" ... that gives you all layers in the PDF, at least on my side.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

That solved the problem, thank you !  Not a very obvious solution but it works!

I had used the visual style "wireframe" because the drawing contains a point cloud and point clouds are not shown in visual style "2-d wireframe". The point cloud is only used for creating the drawing and it will not go to the exported pdf, so that is not a problem for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost