Minimize Maximize Close buttons missing

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
jwright1962
7056 Views, 15 Replies

Minimize Maximize Close buttons missing

Hello Forum!   

Just as the title suggests, those buttons intermittently disappear.   I notice others have had same issue in past.  I didn't see a "solved issue" (perhaps I missed it).   Anyone have the solution?    Also,  what is the command line command that tiles multiple open drawings vertically or horizontally?   

appreciate all the reply's! 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Hi,

when you turn on MENUBAR (to 1) then these buttons are at a different position, are they staying then alive or do they also disappear from that position?

When you get the situation (missing the close/minimize buttons) what did you do before? Anything like block-editor or change layout or ..?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 16
cadffm
in reply to: jwright1962

SysWindows
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoC...

VPmax/min,
See statusbar, right side, Button with 3 lines.. there you can add (to view) the button for Viewport max/min

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @jwright1962,

Perhaps this link will help recover those buttons when they go missing.  YOu might also check for a more current graphics driver to see if that helps eliminate this from occurring.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @jwright1962

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 16
imadHabash

Hi,

>> Just as the title suggests, those buttons intermittently disappear. 

would you please show us a screenshot for your AutoCAD that describe your issue ?

>> Also,  what is the command line command that tiles multiple open drawings vertically or horizontally?   

from Window tab you can handle it . see below image 

olk.png

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
Vitornis

I had the same problem for a couple of days until I closed AutoCAD using the exit Autocad button under the Big A. Before that i restarted the computer and program several time with no change. On a random whim i did this and the next time i opened AutoCAD it was fixed.

Annotation 2019-08-28 104951.jpg

Annotation 2019-08-28 104205.jpg

After that the control buttons returned. 

Annotation 2019-08-28 105137.jpg

Another issue that this fixed for me was that the titlebar on the autocad window was transparent even though i turn off all transparency in windows. It was also only transparent when the window was maximized, otherwise it was opaque.  All of my other windows behaved correctly.  

Message 8 of 16
jeff.lentz

I wish the NAVBAR and these buttons were as persistent as this problem has been over several recent versions of AutoCAD. My NAVBAR just goes away (which also disables my 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator) and / or my Minimize, Restore Down, Close buttons just go away. They're not off my screen, they're just not there. I usually work with all open windows maximized, so these buttons aren't just hiding off screen somewhere. They just go away.

At least with the buttons I can Switch Windows and get them back. The NAVBAR requires I NAVBAR OFF and ON again, or even restart AutoCAD to get it back.

Photo of the missing buttons attached.
I'd sure love for this persistent gadfly to stop biting.Disappearing Buttons.JPG

Message 9 of 16
pendean
in reply to: jeff.lentz

Is this a sudden new problem in R2020?
Or is it problem just today? or just with these files?
R2020 is not new, so what is with your setup?
Does restarting your PC solve the problem?

Do you have the 2020.1.3 update installed? ABOUT command will confirm, it is a required update. Probably has nothing to do with your issue but you might as well be current.
Message 10 of 16
jeff.lentz
in reply to: pendean

I'm at 2020.1, product version Q.70.0.0. The latest Download I see available is for 2020.1.2 dated February 12, 2020.

Disappearing buttons has been happening since our IT approved the update to 2020. Unsure how much of a problem it was before that, but it seems like it happened with prior versions. I know the disappearing NAVBAR predated 2020.

This is not specific to these files. Happens with anything I have open.

Just switching windows brings the buttons back, so a restart certainly does, but does nothing to make the buttons stay reliably.

Message 11 of 16
pendean

2020.1.3 came out about a month or so ago, go get it from your Account Page's Updates link https://manage.autodesk.com/ or ask your IT for help getting it, its out there in all of our Autodesk accounts pages.

>>>..Just switching windows brings the buttons back,...<<<
That usually means your video card is choking, not much else. Post a screenshot of your GRAPHICSCONFIG command and lets see what you are running.

Message 12 of 16
jeff.lentz

acad_sxf42mJ7Kx.png

Message 13 of 16
pendean

Get the 2020.1.3 update installed first. Restart your PC.
Then check to see if you have Autodesk's driver for your video card installed, if not, get it here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware

Then try this: turn off INTELLIGENTUPDATE variable in R2020 and see if that helps.

Don't skip anything: it takes as long as it takes.

Message 14 of 16
john_j_garcia

2019.2 same exact issue.  Are you saying this is only fixed in 2020 updates?  We have an environment where users are all working on identical hardware and only certain ones have this issue.  Video drivers would not seem to be the issue.  I also see while searching that this issue has persisted since about 2016.

Message 15 of 16
jeff.lentz
in reply to: john_j_garcia

I'm running 2020.1.4 and mine still disappear. They only come back when I switch to another drawing and then back again. The titles in the title bar at the top of the window often do not update, either. Of course it's always the graphics driver's fault, then if that doesn't fix it, it the graphics card manufacturer's fault for not supporting AutoCAD adequately.

Message 16 of 16
pendean
in reply to: john_j_garcia

@john_j_garcia If you still see the issues on your laptop then...

Consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables.

If still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort and test. Then do this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta