Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal roof hatch- boundaries as parameters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rob.aHH2T8
2768 Views, 3 Replies

Metal roof hatch- boundaries as parameters

Is there a way to create a metal roof hatch that uses the upper and lower boundaries as paramaters?  It would look similar to the pic below... Vertical lines are easy, it's adding the upper and lower parts or something similar that use the upper and lower 'y' boundaries that's the problem.  Need to use the upper and lower because all roof heights are different, right.  Thanks!metal roof example.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: rob.aHH2T8

I don't quite understand....  I'm not sure what you mean by "parameters."  If "similar to" the image, would it be not quite the same, and can you draw [even an approximation of] what would be different?  Did the image use a Hatch pattern?  If it used Lines and you just want a Hatch pattern that would do that, it would be very easy to define -- what are the rib width and spacing?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
cwr-pae
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Look close at his image, the top and bottom edges have small arcs at the seams, similar to Spanish tiles. It looks like he will need a dynamic block for length of seams (Y axis), then a dynamic array to space them along the X axis. Sadly the seam would only be dynamic before arraying, so changes in height or pitch would mean recreating the array.

Message 4 of 4
scot-65
in reply to: rob.aHH2T8

To create the end profiles of each rib would also
include the full length of the metal roof panel.
It can be done as a hatch pattern.
Provided one knows the total length of the panel.

For the time being, I would suggest arraying a block
that represents the "bump" as well as the "flat".

I have found that 5 line segments would do fine.
Have a look at the pic below.

hatch-R9.jpg

Another item would be to stretch in the the y-axis.

To do that, the hatch is inside a block and one manipulates the y-scale of that block.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost