Did you mean: 

Mac vs PC for AutoCAD

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
42353 Views, 24 Replies

Mac vs PC for AutoCAD

I am looking at purchasing a new Mac or PC but before I did so, I wanted to know if there are any differences between the Mac version of AutoCAD and the PC version of AutoCAD. Are they identical or does one have better functionality over the other?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, the matrix has been released for 2019 product and can be found here.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for such a quick reply, that has helped me out.

Message 23 of 25
s.borello
in reply to: Anonymous

Get a PC and save yourself some headaches. 

Message 24 of 25
dentonsbrain
in reply to: pendean

Yep Mac version is absolutely awful compared to Windows, I just don't know why they made it different, imagine having photoshop on Mac that's different to Windows........... 

Message 25 of 25
pendean
in reply to: dentonsbrain

@dentonsbrain wrote:

Yep Mac version is absolutely awful compared to Windows, I just don't know why they made it different, imagine having photoshop on Mac that's different to Windows........... 

I've always been perplexed by that one too: my guess is their whole-hearted commitment to MSOffice's Ribbon design was pushed back on by Apple. Cross-platform Adobe chose wisely not to go there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report