Did you mean: 

Logitech G602 Wheel Button Stopped Working

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Jason.Piercey
13898 Views, 12 Replies

Logitech G602 Wheel Button Stopped Working

Using AutoCAD 2015, my Logitech G602 wheel button has stopped panning and zooming extents on a double click.  Yes, MBUTTONPAN = 1.

This seems to have started after installing AutoCAD 2016, but uninstalling it didn't fix the issue.  Also updated Logitech software with no change in behavior.

I've only had this mouse a year or two.  I can't believe the button has gotten worn out in that time frame.

Anyone else having this issue with the G602?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Looks like it was the mouse.  Picked up a new one and it works fine.

So these mice have a very short lifespan.

Message 3 of 13
salariua
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

I know it's been a while since you posted this but here's my fix for others finding this..

Found this comment on website that instructed how to dismantle and replace the middle button. 

One guy commented that blowing some air into the mouse before taking it apart does it. Recommended you cover the wheel hole with your mouth and blow some air.

Was a bit skeptical but the huge amount of people that registered just to thank the guy got me to do it and guess what: It works again.

I was a bit disappointed and wanted to return the mouse because between the trackball, Intuos tablet, Kone XTD, the G602 is not doing much work and yet it died.

luckly I got it working with a simple trick. If you still have it around give it a try.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 13
origamimaker2000
in reply to: salariua

I have the logitech g602 also, and I have had it for little over a year now and just came across this forum and all I did was blow into the wheel area like you stated. And just like that, the 4 months of no middle mouse is all gone and it works perfect. Thank You.

Message 5 of 13

I had a g602. It lasted less than 4 month I think. Not just the mouse wheel, but wouldn't charge either. Went with a utech smart venus. It was cheaper and is much better made. I've had it a year with no problem. The best part is the key maps and macros are stored in on board mouse memory, so if your IT staff won't let you install third party software it will still work. You can set up the software at home and set up keys and macros there. Then just take the mouse to work and it's plug and play with all macros and keys functioning.Great mouse to get around IT restrictions.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 6 of 13

Same, I have a G602 and the mouse wheel stopped working and when I saw about blowing in the wheel recess I thought it was a bit of a wind up but I gave it a go and I can now happily say my wheel button works again. Thanks. Also I have found that if the mouse pointer movements became laggy and shuddery try unplugging USB memory devices from the computer, this is documented on the Logitech web site and it got my mouse movement and responsiveness back to the way it should be. Cheers.

Message 7 of 13

Five years later since the post and I approve of people suggestion to blow air in the wheel lol, probably piece of hair or something got in. In my case it was scrolling and zooming in/out fine, but not panning and zoom extent..

Thank you!

Message 8 of 13
D19125189KNRZ4

I was having the same issue and the wheel button hadn't worked in a few weeks. I blew air down each side of the mouse wheel like they said (with my mouth) and that done the trick. It's working perfect now.

Message 9 of 13
splintWFYFX
in reply to: splintWFYFX

Whilst not directly related to the original question, I did get sick of the G602 momentarily freezing up. This behavior is largely related to too many USB devices plugged in although I disconnected as many devices as possible and still the freezing issue continued. I eventually decided to change my mouse and after some research settled for the UtechSmart Venus Pro wireless gaming mouse. That proved to be a very good decision and I haven't looked back. The only negative about the Venus Pro is that the surface finish is very rough, like fine sand paper. To overcome this I got a sheet of 1000 grit sand paper (maybe 1500, can't recall now) and gave the entire surface where the hand comes in contact with a rub down. Now I am very happy with the mouse. With 13 programmable buttons its an real productivity beast. I highly recommend UtechSmart Venus Pro wireless gaming mouse if you are looking for an alternative to the G602.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iteffJD-n20&ab_channel=VandrhinTech

Message 10 of 13
john_knauss
in reply to: splintWFYFX

Thanks a million for the comment regarding other usb devices. I unplugged my Passport Ultra and got the middle mouse function back again. 

Message 11 of 13
auraxis

thanks, blowing air with my mouth worked!
Message 12 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Blowing air with your mouth? Do you know what comes out with the air?

Spit, you are blowing spit on your mouse. 

Come on people. Get a can of air to do the blowing for you.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 13 of 13
beebenutz

WOW, it was really that easy! Funny thing is, this was the issue with both my g602's. I grabbed my extra one, and it also didn't function with the middle click. I then looked everywhere else for the problem. Hours later, I blew into the wheel hole. Fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost