Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech G400s I just want to program my thumb button to cancel....

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
444 Views, 6 Replies

Logitech G400s I just want to program my thumb button to cancel....

Seem simple enough but I've been out of the loop since ADT 2007, I used to be able to to use the old Set point software to use "^C^C" to initiate Cancel when pressing the thumb button on my old MX500. I have tried in the newer Logitech "Gaming Software" button control panel but nothing works. I've tried something as simple as "Keystroke" ESC and "Text Block"  "^C^C", but when I go back to Auto cad it does register any thing when i try to cancel an existing command from the my thumb button (it would be nice to know what the actual button number is in the Logitech software. I know this is a real common scenario, but I'm on 2018 now and figure what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

My intellimouse can't use keystroke ESC for cancel in Autocad but it uses Macro in the mouse settings.

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Yea that's a Microsoft Driver Control panel, doesn't apply to the Logitech, I have a bunch of options but the only (2) that should don't seem to translate to Auto cad at All. Thanks for the reply, I'll have to wait for somebody with a similar set up to respond.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

There is no "cancel" command in AutoCAD: that's your primary problem: explore this old tip and others on the web for option to try https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/escape-cancel-button/m-p/1150057#M629425

AFAIK your mouse driver will need to emulate a keyboard key-combination you set up/predefine in CUI command in AutoCAD once you figure out the cancel coding.

HTH
Message 5 of 7
ВeekeeCZ

Not using Logitec anymore but the college of mine uses Logitex G Hub software where you can assign ESC keystroke easily and it's working.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Yea that's what I mentioned I'm using it exactly that way and it doesn't register in Auto cad at all. I have a MX500 at home and the same Logitech software at home and it works fine there. BTW I'm running 2018 there as well. Its frustrating to say the least. If I set the mouse key back to its default which is "Back" it works fine when testing on web pages.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Ok well fun fact: It turns out I had to set up a profile in the Logitech software and now it works, don't remember doing that on my other computer... but it has been a while. Thanks for the help. Perhaps my screw up will guide others

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report