Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked viewports are not really locked? Or are they?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
374 Views, 5 Replies

Locked viewports are not really locked? Or are they?

I've been doing this for so long I remember tossing out the stone tablet and chisel to try that new-fangled CAD stuff... Smiley Very Happy

Rarely do I come across a glitch that leaves me bewildered.  This one has popped up a few times within it seems only AutoCAD 2014 & 2015... and it's happened to a few others here in the office.

Here's the scenario:

I have a drawing that has a border with 3 viewports, each set up at specific scales, 2 on the bottom half of the drawing, one on the upper.  One xref has been overlayed in modelspace at 0,0,0 at a scale of 1.  All viewports are locked.  I zoom to the upper viewport still in paperspace, do a couple of things (add text, etc) then zoom back out.  The upper viewport still displays correctly.

Whoa!  My bottom 2 viewports have zoomed to a different arbitrary factor.  Both went from a scale of 1/192 to an oddball 1/128.6278.  Huh?

I checked the viewports... both are still locked.  I checked the xref within modelspace... the scale has not changed nor has it been moved.

Your thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
keithc03
in reply to: Anonymous

Alter UCSFOLLOW variable in each viewport and on the layout to be the same (0)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: keithc03

UCSFOLLOW variable was set to zero in all viewports.

Message 4 of 6
jggerth

Does AUDIT fix anything?  I've occasionally had viewports go wonky -- and the fix has been to delete and recreate the viewport.  that particular wonkiness I have not see however...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Audit finds no issues.  I can unlock the viewport and correct it's display after the fact.  I can delete and re-create if necessary.  It would be nice to know what causes this to happen in the first place.

The lack of response makes me glad that I'm not the only one stumped by this.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I believe I've stumped the panel!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost