Locating blocks in a drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ctnycc
7973 Views, 5 Replies

Locating blocks in a drawing

Good afternoon,

I have a query on blocks.  I want to find a block in the drawing that has a certain tag value for the attribute.  I tried using quick select and was surprised it dodn't have htis opotion.  Can anyone suggest a quick way to find the relevant block?

Thanks in advance

Colin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
qnologi
in reply to: ctnycc

So I understand you correctly, you "do" or "don't" know the name of this block that has these "certain tag value for the attribute"?

You could type "RENAME" go to blocks and find the name of this "block", then cancel out of this command.

Then re-insert this "block", click on the block, type DDATTE and read it's TAG value.

qnologi
Message 3 of 6
ctnycc
in reply to: qnologi

Hi qnologi.

I do know the name of the block which is OSL.  It is the value of the attribute i wish to locate in the drawing whcih will show me the location on the map.

I have attached a sample, the block position is placed by the coordinates from a script file which i have run to save the bother of plotting every single point,(3000 points) on the map.  

Regards

Colin

Message 4 of 6
imadHabash

Hi,

i suggest to use FIND command line. AutoCAD FIND button will go direct for the certain number you need.(see attached) 

find.png

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
ctnycc
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks
Message 6 of 6
imadHabash

You're Welcome.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report